14 August 2008

Thank Goodness

Thank Goodness for the Olympics. Watching Michael Phelps and crew dominate at the Water Cube has made the completely excruciating event that is breastfeeding a much more tolerable experience.

Thank Goodness for disposable diapers. I had completely erased from my mind the sheer amount of bowel movements a newborn has per day.

Thank Goodness for good self-esteem. Chloe reminds me daily that my tummy is still "huge." Just yesterday she observed it was getting smaller.

Thank Goodness for good friends. My neighbor Chalisa came and watched Brigham this afternoon so I could go watch the girls on their last day of swim lessons. And I am so glad I did. It was so nice to spend some time admiring them and cheering just for them.

Thank Goodness for blogging friends. I was having a "moment" yesterday trying to juggle the chaos that will now define my life when I hopped on Google Reader for a moment of sanity. Amidst the 70-some-odd posts I'd missed in the last several days, I caught a gem from Janelle of Regally Blonde. She quoted Marjorie Hinckley saying, "These are the Golden Years." It gave me a much needed moment of perspective and clarity. The rest of the day was so good because I allowed it to be golden.

Thank Goodness my little ones love their baby brother so much. They are adjusting well and showing so much patience with Cannon and I right now. The only thing I worry about is him getting loved to death. A pretty great worry.

Thank Goodness for my beautiful little Cannon. He's a missing piece I didn't even realize was missing. I am completely in love with him and find myself not even dreading the middle of the night feedings. What an angel.

11 comments:

TaLaisa said...

oh, such a precious picture and great thoughts.

I felt the same way with Eli, although I had thought we were finished after Caleb. When Eli was born he filled a hole in my heart I didn't even know I was missing.

I love watching the swimming too! My boys adore Michael Phelps! He's a great hero to have. I'm sorry the nursing is at that painful spot, it'll get better.

I love you!

Sara said...

awww thank goodness thinkgs are going well (minus the painful breastfeeding -- ouch)... so great to hear from you!

and your comment was definitely the most random -- and probably the only one i do NOT remember! how funny! :) and i love that you referenced friends and thought that i was even "cool" ... wow! ;)

you look fabulous!!
hope to see more pics of sweet Cannon!
And where did you get the name?

Monica said...

Look at all that DARK hair on Cannon! Is it as dark as it looks in the picture? You look great too!

draperm said...

Congratulations on your new little bundle. The first few weeks after having a baby are the hardest for me. You seem to be breezin by. I love that I can read someone else's blog and be uplifted by their words. Thank you and take care of that adorable little guy. You will have to share more insight on how to ease the adjustment of adding #4. We are execting our #4 come December. Love the name-by the way!

Unknown said...

You and Cannon look great! I'm posting on my blog just for you in a few minutes. Love you!

Janelle said...

Too bad that little gem came in such a "stinky" post. Why do I put those things up?

Just a few more days and the nursing will feel great. He looks like a keeper!

Cheryl said...

I love grateful posts! I need to do more of these. You are fabulous and beautiful, and gosh darn it, that Cannon is gorgeous! I'm glad things are going well for you (for the most part) and the the adjustment period isn't too hard. Well, you know, too hard as in resentful. :)

Love you!

Autumn said...

Julie & Stanton-congrats! I've been out of the blogging world for a few weeks. It just occured to me that you probably had your babe. Oh such a timely post. I'm glad I looked. What a handsome little guy! I LOVE that name, love it. Any history to it? Also like your widget from the Jesus Christ website. don't you worry 'bout your child's meter on your tummy. I'm sure you look grand.

Lori Wilson said...

Love you Juge! You're doing great, and will continue to. I have absolutely no doubt. Sending love your way today! (Hope your RS lesson went well today -- you are SuperWoman to be back at church a week after giving birth. Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing that big smile on your face!

Cheryl said...

Hey, I gave you an award. Come see!