20 August 2008

Adjusting

The kids are doing remarkably well with the addition of little Cannon, considering that he's turned their lives upside down...

Chloe loves to hold him. Loves it. She'll hold him for a good 20 minutes sometimes -- and wow is that helpful. And she stays pretty calm when he cries and can get him happy again. I hope he keeps letting her hold him as he gets older and more aware. I really appreciate the help. Almost every time she holds Cannon, she asks if I want to take a picture of them. They're cute enough I indulge them most every time.
Lily likes to hold Cannon, too, but she doesn't last more than a few minutes. She talks about him a lot, though. And I think she enjoys having a little more time to herself when Chloe's busy holding baby. I do love how Lily calls him "The Baby Cannon."
Brigham has been interesting...he loves Cannon. He loves to hold him and kiss him and pet him to death. It's darn cute. But he is acting out toward me and even Stanton sometimes. He's waking up in the night or not ever going to sleep at all. That was the case last night. We got him in bed at around 7:45 and he cried until midnight. We got him out around 9:00 and let him snuggle with us and Cannon, but he went right back to crying once we put him back in bed. I do think he's getting some new teeth, but I suspect there's a little need for attention there, too. We'll have to wait and see with him. I hope we don't do many more nights of the crying -- it makes him so grouchy in the morning. I am grateful, though, that he's not acting out toward Cannon. That could be disastrous. These are the sorts of things I'm catching him do lately. Funny and non-destructive...I can handle a dress....
Cannon slept from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am last night. What??? It was awesome. I'm not counting on it continuing, but I'll enjoy the nights I get it! He's eating so well -- and the nursing isn't killing anymore (thank goodness because Phelps is done swimming -- what would I do???). I took him to the doctor a week ago and he was already up to 7 lbs. 1 oz. I've never had a baby gain weight in the first week. I guess he's eating enough! He's changing so much -- maybe more quickly than the others did? Or maybe I'm going crazy.


And a conversation between Lily and Lindsay (my cousin):

Sitting at the bar eating pizza, Lily passes gas...
Lindsay: What was that?
Lily: My gas was talking to me.

7 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Your kids are too darn cute. And I might have to steal Lily's line! :D

Julie said...

I was getting to the end of the post, thinking that I wanted to comment on Cannon's awesome hair. Then I read the quote from Lily and about died laughing. She is fabulous.

TaLaisa said...

They are all so cute!

I love the ones of them holding 'the baby Cannon'. What a hoot that girl is.

Caleb loved holding Eli too, and always always wanted a picture of them together. I'm glad I have those pictures, every single one of them.

Cannon is such a gorgeous baby, I'm lovin' the dark hair and the outfit. (I have more for you).

And again, Lily is a hoot.

Greg and Wendy said...

Thank you for posting the updates! It was great to get pictures and hear from you again! Cannon IS ADORABLE! Love the pictures of all the kids standing on their heads!

Terry Neff Allen said...

Julie,
When can I come hold your baby? I promise I'll sterilize my hands.
Thanks for making me laugh with that last little bit. I needed it tonight!

Greg and Wendy said...

Hey Juge!

I was thinking about "Boomlet"! What do you think? Of course, you could resort to C. Gregory as a backup!! :)

Love, Dad

Alysia Cook said...

Cute!!! I also love Lily's line...hilarious. You gotta love all the kids on you when you are feeding the baby, my kids have recently started to use the line "I need a little more space" frequently because they hear it from me so much (usually through gritted teeth).