I finished Breaking Dawn today. I'm just happy to be done with the Twilight Saga. Sort of like I was when Harry Potter was done. I loved the whole series, but I am glad to have it out of my life! I am glad I can just moveon.org.
I will say that I thought the story was well-planned, well-told, and engrossing. Yes, there were some plot holes, but they weren't really going to change the outcome of the story.
And while I'm usually very very prudish about intimacy in books and in movies, I thought she handled all of those scenes with tremendous taste and restraint. I was impressed.
I really liked how everything wrapped up in the end. It satisfied me and like I said, I'm glad it's over. Until the movie comes out in December. I might have to go to that. Yep, I probably will.
Have you read the Twilight books? Did you like this one? What did you think?
6 comments:
i'm probably the last person on earth who has NOT read any of these books!
Since I just finished summer school last week, I just started back on the series this past weekend. I'm trying to finish book number 2 right now. (I'm so behind in the trend!) I liked book number one, and number 2 has been okay. I do think Ms. Meyers has an amazing writing talent.
I just read the first one, in less than 24 hours. No children starved. I did 3 loads of laundry. AND my DH never complained I was reading too much.
I am sucked in, gotta find the second book. ASAP!
She is excellent at handling the 'hot scenes' as my 14 year old cousin calls them. And he was just talking about the kissing in book 1.
I have mixed feelings about number 4. I am glad as well that it is finally over...the same way I felt about HP. I think it was a good conclusion, despite the stuff I thought was weird. You are right, the intimacy stuff was handled pretty well, there was just a lot of it. Being married, I feel ok with it, but I am a little uncomfortable with a teenager reading that stuff (such as the all night long vampire nookie). Uncomfortable. But it is good to see a healthy sex life for married folk, albeit vampires.
Polly prudie here... I just kept thinking of the entire Laurel class in my ward reading it and that elevated my heart rate more than the steamy scenes. I mean if they make all the books movies, will I be allowed to go to this one? OH and how I wanted a fight at the end! A diplomatic resolve instead of a vampire coup? What was the point of meeting all of those extra talented vampires anyways if all we got to see was one little tremor by Benjamin? Sorry, I guess I like Marvel Comics movies and cartoons enough to not want to miss the fight scene!
Loved it! I agree that I don't think I would want my teenager to read book 4, but I enjoyed it :) Have you read her other book the Host? I LOVED it! Stephanie Meyer has changed me...never in a million years did I think I would ever read a book about vampires or aliens! Great stuff!
Post a Comment