20 August 2008

Olympic Fever

We've watched about every bit of Olympic coverage here at our house this past week or so, including the daytime coverage. It's beginning to show.

We were in the bathroom on Friday doing hair when I told Lily she had the Chinese national colors in her hair (she had red and yellow elastics). Chloe misunderstood me and thought I meant her hair-do was Chinese. This is a hair-do she never likes me to do on her, but since she thought it was Chinese, she asked for it, too. I can tell her pretty much anything is very Chinese and all of a sudden she is all for doing/wearing/eating it. I'm evil for using it to my advantage, but the Olympics will be over in a week....

This morning while feeding Cannon, I had the men's volleyball match against Serbia on. The kids, as usual, all gathered in the room (why don't they play elsewhere? They're always right on top of me when I feed him...). I was not surprised they were mesmerized by the tv, but I was shocked when I realized Chloe was totally following the game and pointing out when USA got a point and when the "blue team" got a point. She was cheering with such passion, it was cracking me up. "Go USA, Go USA!!! Oh, the blue team got a point. Mom, the USA didn't get it. Oh, hit the ball!!! Yay USA!!" Before she'd totally caught on to the concept of Team USA, she'd ask me if they were from our ward. HaHa! I was impressed with how quickly she caught on to how the scoring works.

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

My boys are doing the same thing. The love the USA teams. Although my oldest slipped up and said "Mom, team Utah won!" :)

Jocelyn said...

Mother, I have to edit my post now, because you reminded me that Chloe would say, "Mom, are they from our ward?" when I'd tell her it was team USA. Hilarious! I love that we're not the only ones with OF!

Julie said...

We're in Olympic heaven, too. I don't know what I'm going to do while nursing after they're over!

TaLaisa said...

I love it! What a clever girl to catch on so quickly.

Gabe will turn on the TV and yell "hey everyone Beijing is on again!".

I have watched obsessively and consequently bawled like a baby, you'd think I was the one standing up there getting a gold.

Greg and Wendy said...

Dad and I have Olympic fever as well! I about cried last night for Lolo Jones in the hurdles competition! That was an absolute heartbreaker!!!!!!! Oh, and Dad and I are hooked on the Women's Beach Volleyball! Can't wait for the finals! It's all been fun but I think we are all about "Olympiced out!"

Greg and Wendy said...

Can't believe how smart Chloe is--oh, on second thought, yes I can. She is her mother and father's daughter!