I took the kids to Ryan's Place Park this afternoon. Wow. I have to admit, parks typically equal nightmare for me. My kids love every second, but I find it difficult to keep of all of them safe and entertained the entire time. It's fun, but tiring. And then there is the inevitable temper tantrum when it's time to leave. I do not enjoy this at all. Or trying to control 3 little children in that moment.
Ryan's Place Park offered a completely different experience. There was equipment perfect for Brigham right next to equipment perfect for Chloe & Lily. It is all well contained, so I didn't feel like I had to be able to see them every second. There are lots of different things to entertain them, too. Swings for toddlers, big slippery slides, spider web nets, rocking bridges -- so many fun things! And another thing I love is that it is made out of a Trex-type material. I love this because the plastic and metal models get so hot in the summer and the wood models start to weather and give slivers after not too long. This material was perfect. The kids played and played and played. We stayed for about 2 hours. And somehow I was able to get all of them to the car without a single temper tantrum. It involved a race to the van and was quite a funny site, I'm sure. Just imagine me in my pregnant state racing two little girls while carrying a 20 month old boy in one arm and a large bag of lunch remnants in the other. It was funny to be in the picture - I can only imagine what it looked like from the outside. I was so happy the kids cooperated. I know it had a lot to do with the park itself. It was worth the little bit of a drive and we'll be going there again soon. Thank you, Mother Nature, for giving us such nice weather today!
And because I am incapable of posting just a few pictures of this very fun park, you will have to skim...
I love that all 3 of the kids were in this picture. A happy accident!







8 comments:
That park looks Awesome! I would want to play there.
There is a park ,similar in style, in West Jordan. Problem? Two exits. My friend and I can go and sit near the biggest one and just let the kids go crazy, as long as they don't sneak out the back way.
Come and play here! I would LOVE that!
I know the family who created this park. What a great memorial to a sweet little boy. I'm glad that you got to enjoy it yesterday!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! You have a beautiful family!
What a great park! That looks great and I wish we had something like it. We do have a park in Pleasant Grove that is somewhat similar, but I think it's all wood... I could be wrong, though...
Sweet park. Okay, I read and re-read all of thoes names who donated. I feel stupid asking but I'm dying to know. Who is it in particular you're pointing out? And who's the boy that Jill referred to? Thanks for filling in the clueless.
Autumn, I was referring to Oprah Winfrey. I got a kick out of her name being on a post in Cache Valley.
And Ryan is a boy here in the Valley who had a terminal illness. When he passed away, his parents organized the effort to build this park. I believe everything from materials to labor was donated.
The little boy Ryan drowned at Lake Powell.... and in lieu of friends and family giving flowers, the family asked to have money given so they could donate. It snowballed and they built the park.
You were almost to my house. I'm at the 3 way stop on 7th. :) And Chandler LOVES this park too.
Post a Comment