22 May 2008

Anticipation

It's been raining for 2 days straight and I love it. The weather is just so gloomily gorgeous. It's almost inspiring. Before the rain came down, we had a few days of absolutely incredible weather. The combination of moisture and warmth has done amazing things to our yard. All of a sudden the perennials are greening up, the trees are blossoming, and the weeds are propogating! All of our trees began to bloom about 5 days ago...all of them except the one I have been waiting for all year. We have a flowering crab apple that stands right in the middle of our front yard -- I chose it personally for its gorgeous spring flowers. This tree is my handpicked version of "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree." While all the other trees in the yard were bursting into bloom, my crab apple was doing ...well, nothing. I worried something was wrong with it. I asked Stanton if the greenhouse had given us the wrong tree -- this was my first Spring with it, after all.

Then I woke up Tuesday morning to the most glorious sight. A sight that really was worth the wait.

Behold, my beloved crab apple...Glorious Pink Popcorn Popping on the Crab Apple Tree.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

So pretty!! So, very, very pretty! I need trees like that in my yard. And some lilacs. I definitely need to get me some lilacs...

TaLaisa said...

Wow! That is so so pretty! Ooh I want some lilacs too. I'd put them right where the evergreen tree is and along the driveway in place of the sand lilies.

Jocelyn said...

My mom and dad had the most gorgeous lilac bushes in their backyard. I only planted one in mine, even though they're my favorite spring flower! As the years go on, I'd like to do some along my back fence. But for now, I LOVE my crab apple!