02 May 2008

Some New Cards



These are my attempt at Gate Fold cards, a cute new technique I learned over at Splitcoast Stampers. They open in the middle and have backgrounds inside, too.

I am really liking the rhinestones on the wedding card!

14 comments:

bythelbs said...

Cute cards! I love the colors especially. Do you scrapbook too?

Jocelyn said...

No. My oldest has 14 pages, my middle has 9, and my youngest has 0. I've even passed the feeling guilty about it stage! How about you?

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I did. My oldest has 3 books, the next 1/2 of one, the youngest 2 zippo. I figure it's not my time & season.

My sister is a CTMH consultant and is big into scrapbooking and cards. I occasionally go to her workshop and I have lots of supplies--I just need a dedicated office or work space. ;)

Jocelyn said...

What is CTMH? I love my Stampin' Up stuff and have a wish list of about 35 sets. Ha ha on that ever happening! By the time I get 3 or 4 I like, they come out with a new catalog!
Times and seasons and desire, too, for me. I really like the blog because I get the journaling, the pictures, and a book I can print multiple copies of in the end. It just works better for me.

Anonymous said...

Close to My Heart--it's just like Stampin' Up only better. ;)

I don't use my blog for family photos and stuff, so that won't work for me. I think I might have to start a separate family journal blog. Have you printed up your blog pages before?

Jocelyn said...

I haven't printed my blog pages yet, but I'm planning to do a Blurb book each year from them. I sometimes think I should have a separate blog for fun and family stuff, but with 3 small children and one more coming, this is my life, so it's one in the same!

Close to my Heart. I'll have to look into them. Do they sell in stores or are they the same set up as Stampin' Up?

TaLaisa said...

Cute cards!! Look at you go! I love them.

CTMH is set up like stampin up. They are also having a clearance sale at UvsU in Orem this weekend. I've heard of people getting sets for like $6 and cheaper.

Are your stamps the clear kind you set up on acrylic blocks?? If you ever need a specific word or picture stamp, tell me. I know how to make those kind. It's like the worst kind of choice because really it's endless.

I am a scrapbook collector. I occasionally work on pages. My friend Linda does digital scrapping and loves it. I like the digital kits because I can make stamps out of images created digitally. And print out the papers to use with my scissors and glue scrapping.

Jocelyn said...

Man, I wish I lived in Orem! $6 for a set? Crimeny.
And I use the wood and rubber stamps, but do own one set of acrylics. How on earth do you make your own of those? Your endless list of talents seriously flabbergasts me. And I mean that as a high compliment.
CTMH, I need to look at those on ebay.

Anonymous said...

Talaisa's right--they're set up like Stampin' Up. They have really cute stuff.

Congrats on your #4 on the way! When are you due?

Jocelyn said...

I am due August 14th. We're having another baby boy!
How many children do you have?

TaLaisa said...

Julie, it is a complicated process. But I use a piece of equipment we bought when we attempted to run an advertising novelty pad printing/screen printing and custom stamp business.

I love it. I've made alphabet stamps and have made cute address stamps and some simple image stamps. It's fun and a little messy. The most time consuming part is the computer work to ready the images.

And thanks, about the talent thing.

The Florida Roses said...

Juge, I loved my bday card! it was beautiful! Thanks, sis! Luv ya.

matt

Autumn said...

These are so cute. Congrats on #4!!!

bythelbs said...

Julie--

I have 4 also---1 boy (the oldest) and 3 girls.

My son was pretty bummed about being denied a brother that third time, but I think he got over it. I hope. Because we're over it. The having kids thing, I mean.

Welcome to the 4 club!