We spent much of Memorial Day working around the house, but we made time to head up to Richmond to meet up with my mom, Grandma J, and some extended family members to visit graves.
This is my Grandma J, my mom, me, and Chloe, Lily, and Brigham (Cannon was asleep in the car) at the grave of my grandma's parents, Gus and Rella Pond.
And Brigham's annual picture with his namesake, Brigham Pond.
As you can see from the pictures, it was a cold afternoon. Right as we were going over to Stillman Pond's grave, we got hit by a crazy rain/wind storm. The kids were troopers and kept pretty great attitudes while we were out. It's nice to get out and honor the many people who paved a way for us to be here.


4 comments:
What a great way to mark Memorial Day.
I love these pictures! I started to cry when I saw the picture of you, mom and Grandma. This is a treasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Grandma J so much and can't even imagine not having her with us. I hope and pray she'll make a full recovery. Love you and love that you have this awesome tradition!
A little off the subject...but I love those raincoats!
I choked up looking at this picture of four generations. Grandma J is so frail now and it literally breaks my heart! At 86, such body sickness and trauma takes a very huge toll. Continue to pray for her. So glad you came and thought to take this picture, honey. It was great to see you all that day. We are so blessed to have such wonderful ancestors. We have such a responsibility to carry on the legacy of faith.
Post a Comment