13 June 2011

Fun Fridayyyy

We had the best Friday this weekend.  Kyle and Angie came up from Orem to pay us a visit.  It was so fun to be with them and their kids.

They got here around noonish and we had lunch.  After (and during) lunch, the kids seriously played themselves silly in the backyard.  They hardly disagreed and just played their guts out.  It helped that we had a lovely weather day.
Everyone got a little tired after while, so we headed downstairs where the guys turned on the TV and snoozed (well, one guy did, hehe) and we watched something on the History Channel.  It's so great to have friends who like taking a chill for a bit while they're visiting...nice to not feel like you have to entertain every second (or any second, pretty much).
After our siesta, we went for a little drive through the rural areas of the valley over to Gossner Cheese to get cheese curds and some ice cream for everyone.  We ate it in the parking lot -- Kyle and Angie's kiddos ate theirs neatly in the backseat of their SUV while 3 out of my 4 children spilled at least some of their cones on the parking lot.  Hehe!  It was a lot of fun because ice cream and friends are pretty much my favorite combination in life.

L to R: Chloe, Christian, Lily, Sammie, Brigham, Gabe, & Cannon

We went back to the house and visited while the kids played for a while longer and then got ourselves all fancied up for a dinner at Elements.  Kiki came to babysit all 7 kids and we had a really nice dinner out.  It's so fun to visit with Kyle and Angie.  We absolutely love them and are grateful for such good friends.


I love when my kids take pictures of us -- it is a great perspective moment -- we are GIANTS to them!  And Angie would possibly want me to interject here that she did NOT wear that Coke shirt to dinner....she looked very lovely in a summery skirt and blouse.  But I prefer the Coke jammies... I mean, who doesn't prefer jammies to real clothes?!

This is a fun one Chloe took of Stanton and I.

All in all, it was a great day that I wished could have lasted longer.  They are some of our dearest friends and we really appreciated their taking time to come up and visit us.  Sure love you guys!!!

4 comments:

Liz Welker said...

You are looking AMAZING Julie! Serious.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am laughing hysterically right now! That angle does nothing for my baby pouch! Holy smokes!
We had sooo much fun; I can't wait to do it again. The kids were all so darling, and on the way home, Gabe said, "I like that Chloe girl because she was being funny with her dog." {Moms high five!} LOL

Lindsay said...

Looking gorgeous jules!!!

Greg and Wendy said...

What great pictures! Who is that handsome couple in the last picture!haha Wow, you two look great! Love visits from great friends!