13 June 2011

Keepin' it Real

I have a confession.  I cropped one of the pictures in that last post.  It didn't do much good, but it hid at least some of the truth about my house.  So, I'm making penance and showing you the whole picture.

Here's the cropped guy:

 I mean, you still see a lot of the clutter in the house, but seriously, I HID A LOT of it with that crop job.

See:::::::

Does it give you anxiety just looking at it?  But guess what?  That's just what our life looks like most of the time.  Deal.  (I'm saying that to myself, by the way...)  And why is my house so BROWN???  Holy cow.  I need a color intervention. I'll be honest, though, it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

So, there you go -- real life.  It happens.  It's beautiful in its own anxiety causing, clutter-ridden way.

Oh, and here's another confession:  I'm a total dipwad.
I mean, I actually posed that way.

Ah, it feels good to get all this off my chest.  Thanks.  :)

11 comments:

Erica said...

I thought that was a clean house. For me it would be :)

Unknown said...

You're not a dipwad, you're awesome! If that's a cluttery house, please never come to my house unannounced. :)

courtney said...

Sometimes I stop and look around my house and think, "How did this HAPPEN?!" and then my kids go wizzing by like those little cartoon tornados and I remember that I share my house with 6 other people and a dog and a cat. Seeing that your life is so real makes me happy. Thanks for the chuckle.

Anonymous said...

You're an adorable dipwad! (I always pose goofy--I figure that way people will know I look lame on purpose instead of just lame.)

Love the "mess". That's life, baby. I once found myself apologizing to a friend of mine when she dropped in unexpectedly and my home wasn't prepared. She said, "Sorry for what? Living in your house?" Loved that.

flip flop mama said...

This post is hilarious!! I love your pose and your (not) messy house. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your house was tidy before we got there! ;) I always try to pose so my double chin doesn't show, and too many times I look like I'm advertising something with my head tilt. Yours is better.

Lindsay said...

You are being way too hard on yourself...it really isn't messy.

Ang said...

I think your messy is my clean! My house is clean once a day, that's all I can do. And this time of year, either the inside looks good or the outside looks good, never both!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Just when I thought I had reached the upper limit of adoring you, you've pushed me to a whole new level. ;)

Amanda D said...

This post made me laugh! I'm so glad you crop out the mess sometimes too! :)

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, my gosh! Forget your house, I'm looking at your hair! Can it possibly have grown that much since you were here? I've never seen it crimped before but it's darn cute on you! And what a bunch of cute kids!