25 June 2011

Bear Lake Adventures

Last weekend we threw the kids in the motorhome and drove through the canyon to Bear Lake.  The river through the canyon was CRAZY full and looked in places like it might flow right on to the road.  It was cool to see the really rapidly rushing water flowing through the canyon -- and I have decided we won't be camping anywhere near there this summer.  Too dangerous!

Anyway, on the way over to Bear Lake, we decided to take the kids to Pickleville Playhouse to see their production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  It was a really impromptu decision and we wondered how Cannon would do since it didn't start until 8:00 pm...we are SO glad we did, though.  It was SO fun and dear Cannon was completely mesmerized.  He stood and watched, danced, and raised his hat in a whoop and holler throughout the entire show.  It was so dang fun to watch....
The production was top notch, as well.  The cast was great, the dancing terrific, and just all around fantastic.  We are SO glad we went.  Oh, and that we got raspberry shakes at LaBeau's before, too.  Yum!

Some fun before getting shakes.  Lily's dirty bum was cracking me up.


Great night at Pickleville.  We love this place.  I snapped a contra-banned picture right at the end of the show-- I know I shouldn't have, but dang, I just didn't want to forget what a great show it was!  Oh, and I didn't get a picture of it, but we went through the cast line at the end because Lily wanted to say hi to one of the cast members who was in the Christmas show and this one.  The girl was SO sweet with Lily and even noticed her haircut.  It was delightful to see Lily with her.  I hope our cute kids have an opportunity to perform with Pickleville in their teenage years.  It's such an amazing group of people.

So, after the show ended we got the kids in their jammies and laying in their beds and drove to an RV park in St. Charles on the Idaho side of the lake.  The kids were all sound asleep by the time we got there, as was little Charlie who had patiently stayed in his kennel while we were at the show. 
We had a great night's sleep and woke up to a beautiful morning.  We had pancakes and eggs and enjoyed the little playground at the park.  Chloe had a great tie running around with Charlie, too, which he thoroughly enjoyed.  It was a fun night and morning.
Don't they look adorable all perfectly lined up at that picnic table?!

After cleaning up breakfast, we took a drive around the entire lake.  It was SO full (someone told me it is at 10,000% of normal capacity this year....CRAZY!), but just beautiful.  Briggy had to wear his eye patch for the drive and he was really bummed that he couldn't see much.  We noticed, though, that his eye is definitely getting stronger - he saw some things that he hadn't been able to see before...so progress!!
We stopped at a little drive off to test the waters at the lake.  We didn't bring swimsuits, but that didn't stop anyone...nor did the freezing cold water.  They went from wading to their ankles to completely soaked within a half hour.  It was such a delightful time. 
 There was rock skipping...


 Rock chucking......
Puddle jumping......



 Nearly drowning......seriously......



and good, clean, freezing fun...

We showered the kiddos in the RV's outdoor shower and threw them back in their jammies...with no underwear.  :)  I didn't pack extra clothes.  haha.  Poor kids.  :)


It was a great little trip...short, fun, and we were back to our house by Saturday afternoon to get some things done around the house. 

I am loving spending this time with our kids on these fun little trips.

5 comments:

Darci said...

I wanna go! What a fun family outing and the RV method looks awfully sweet. Great job capturing the kids' expressions.

Unknown said...

I love impromptu trips like this. We're loving Wyoming because it lends itself so well to being explored day by day. I promise to try and snap a belly pic today, if I'm not too rushed before church.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I love that last pic of Cannon--that's cold! I'm glad they all enjoyed the play and that Cannon did so well. It's so fun to find out new things they are old enough to do and enjoy.

Lindsay said...

This looks like such a blast! We are such huge fans of pickleville!

Amanda D said...

It looks like such a great day! I LOVE, love, LOVE the picture of the kids at the table. You need to frame that one.