21 June 2011

Just Trying to Remember...

***This was a post I found in my drafts this morning...I hadn't ever published it.  I actually thought it would post at the date I wrote it, but it showed up here...which now means I don't know when it was written.  Oh, wait, it says UEA, so it was probably October of 2010?  Sounds about right.


Chloe is really excelling in piano.  She is doing really well with practice, although it challenges my patience regularly.  She'll be through her first set of piano books by the end of the month and is learning sharps and flats right now.  I'm remembering so much as I supervise her each week.

Lily has been super grumpy lately.  I sure hope it passes soon

Cannon has also been grumpy and in to EVERYTHING!!!  It's like he's 18 months old again.  He opens and empties cupboards, squeezes out bottles of lotion, and hits and yells at me when he doesn't get his way.  I am thankful that this happens only about 20% of the time and the other 80% he's still my little sweetheart.  The 20% sometimes overshadows the 80%, though, I will admit.

Stanton got a new calling at church.  He's the Elders Quorum President.  This is his 4th or 5th time.  I think 4th.  He's doing great.

Brigham moved to the afternoon preschool class.  It's been such a good move -- he and Lily can play all morning and then leave for school at the same time.  And Cannon goes down for a nap at the same time, so hooray!  I get 2 hours of quiet 3 days a week.  It's amazing.

Everyone is liking school.  It's good to be in the routine and I have found that I actually quite savor the days we have off -- like UEA this weekend.  In the past couple of years, I've always dreaded them, but we're in a better phase of life right now and those vacation days are a lot of fun.

I've been sewing lately.  That's thanks to my sisters with whom I spent a day in Idaho last weekend sewing and crafting.  Lori taught me how to make some cute twirly skirts for the girls and I've had fun making several variations on them the last few days.  Actually, nights.  They've been late nights.  Also, I finished the top for my denim quilt (8+ years of saving jeans).  I'm trying to decide whether to tie it or have it machine quilted by someone.

No comments: