31 December 2010

Visit Home

I took a little overnighter with the kids to Blackfoot.  It coincided with my visit with Alysia and Melissa (and a planned visit with Jill, which had to be canceled because of bad weather, whaaaaa).  The kids thought it was pretty much the coolest thing ever that they got to take their Pillow Pets to Grandma's house, just like the commercial said they could.  Ha ha.

The kids love any time they get to be at G & G Rose's. Grandma always has a ton of candy out and she and Chloe play tea party together, which Chloe loves.  Brig has a great time with all my mom's toys.
Chloe and I watched Where the Red Fern Grows, which still makes me weepy and which made her want a puppy even more than she did before.  Why, I ask?  Why does watching a movie about dogs that die make one want a puppy even more?  I can't answer that question...all I can say is that it made me want a dog, too.  It was fun to just relax and watch a movie with Chloe.

I stayed up late talking to my mom, which I always enjoy.  We got up and left Blackfoot by around 10:30 because there was a pretty nasty storm moving through.  I'm glad I left when I did -- the roads were dicey part of the way, but I know they only got worse as the day went by.

I only snapped pictures right before we left, but they're pretty cute ones.

Had to have Mom snap a quick picture of me and the kiddos, too.  I don't get those very often.  Brigham.  Ha ha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple things here: I just love all the little stockings your mom has on her fireplace! Are those all of the grandkids? Also, I am glad that you are so grateful for moments like these, especially since there's some of us who won't ever get to experience them during our lives. I wish I could take my kids on a trip to see my mom, but it gives me warm fuzzies to see that others get to and take opportunities like this. Holidays can be bittersweet in that way, but I try to remember that my mom is watching--just not from the couch. :) Loved this post.

Kim said...

Um...wow, this post envoked the same feelings from me as they did Angie. I loved your Momma's fireplace, and I loved that your kids got to see your Momma, and you got to stay up late and chat! LOVE IT! PS that picture of you and your kids is so dang cute!

Lindsay said...

You look so gorgeous in the last picture with you and the kids by the fireplace!

Amanda D said...

I love it! Yay for visits home. I love all the little stockings your mom has up. Are they for all her grandkids?

Greg and Wendy said...

You must come again soon! We loved every minute! The pic of you and the kids is so cute...especially Brigham! haha indeed! We need to stay up late and talk more often, don't you think?

And for your friends who have asked, yes, the stockings are for grandkids and also kids, spouses, and Grandma and Grandpa...our complete family (to this point!)

Greg and Wendy said...

Grandma and Grandpa meaning Greg and me.