27 December 2010

....And Christmas Morning!!!

Phew!  We're here!  After a lightning fast December and feeling pretty unprepared, Christmas morning was magical.


 The tree before Stanton and I went to bed last night.  Santa had already visited while we were watching a movie!  Sneaky guy, we didn't even hear him!  He left everything in these big Santa sacks this year, which was really cool!  We didn't even have to put up a sheet to hide everything from the early risers.  It was super.

Cannon was up by 6:30, Brigham and Lily were up by around 7:00 and Chloe didn't wake up till nearly 8:00!  We had everyone wait until Chloe got up and then had a delicious breakfast of eggs, toast, and fruit.  The kids were pretty much NOT interested in breakfast, but they get really grumpy on empty stomachs, so we made sure they ate a few bites.  You can see in the pics below that Brig's excitement got the best of him and he shoved a few too many bites into his mouth at the end.  He he.  While they ate, Stanton brought the Santa bags out into the living room.
The kids loved seeing the bags and loved finding the unwrapped surprises inside!
From Santa, Chloe received an Easy Bake Oven, a Sock Monkey, a Jessie Doll, and a little tiny FurReal dog.
Lily received a Karaoke machine with CDs, a FurReal puppy, a Tangled Dress-up, and Tangled figurines.
Brigham received a Dinosaur robot, Joker's Cave for his Imaginext Batman toys, and some Super Hero guys.
Cannon received a Racetrack toy that spins the cars around and spits them out and some Super Hero guys.
All four of them also received ...... It's a Pillow!  It's a Pet!  It's a Pillow Pet!  They were thrilled beyond words and guess what?  After all my balking at what a stupid thing they are, I kinda sorta love 'em.  They aren't loud, they don't make a mess, and the kids use them even when they're sleeping.  Hello, Awesome!  I'm glad Santa didn't listen to my dissenting opinion.  Chloe got the ladybug, Lily got the unicorn, Brigham got the puppy, and Cannon got the penguin.



After the kids played with their gifts from Santa for a while, we opened our other presents.  More toys, clothes, etc.  The kids were thrilled with every single thing.  We heard lots and lots of "This is the best Christmas EVER!!!" and "Thank You SO Much, I LOVE It!!" and "I Didn't Even Know I Wanted That!!!!."  It was truly magical.  I love how easily pleased these little ones are.  They are special little people.
We spent the entire day being lazy, taking naps, playing, and watching a movie.  It flew by and was just plain magic.  I am grateful we're in these prime years right now and am trying to soak it all in.

Cannon couldn't wait after his shower to get back to his racetrack.  Brig's Batman stuff has been on our kitchen table for a couple of days now.  Cannon got into Lily's new makeup...I think he's going for the Joker look?  PJs from Great Grandma and Grandpa Rose.  Stanton helping Chloe bake with her Easy Bake Oven (they had to take a quick trip to Walgreen's, as Santa forgot the 100 watt lightbulb for the oven, duh!).  The kids have LOVED the karaoke machine so much.  It's already provided hours of entertainment.

Magical Christmas.  MAGICAL.  In fact, I'm tearing up while I type this.  Pure Magic and I have my beautiful husband and children to thank for it.  We are blessed.

8 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Love the pictures! :)

Kim said...

WOW You did have a busy month lady! I wouldn't have made it that is for sure! I am so happy you had such a magical day!!! Your kids are so darn cute!!!! You look truly happy in your photos! I am glad we both found that spirit we had been longing for!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love those Santa sacks! I only bought one, but if I was as smart as you I would've bought 3 and used them like that. I'm hoping I can find 2 more next year so I won't have to wrap anything from Santa anymore!

Jocelyn said...

It's life changing, Angie!

Kim, with two jobs and four kids, you did PLENTY!

Mother, thanks!

Alisha said...

First of all...your family pictures are amazing! I wish my family could relax and take such great pictures! Second, the Santa bags are a WONDERFUL invention! I have never ever seen that before! Where did you get 'em? Lovely family...the girls are Beautiful and the boys are Handsome! Merry Christmas! =)

SewSara said...

you explained it just right - christmas is pure MAGIC with children, isn't it? i kept thinking, "i don't want this to end!" as i saw their happy faces all day.

oh and we got pillow pets here, too, and we love them. i was skeptical like you but the kids had been wanting them foreverrrrr. ruby got ladybug and max got bee. so cute!

Amanda D said...

Your tree is beautiful.
So cool that Santa did sacks like that. Two of my kids got pillow pets from their grandpa and they are cute. I'm the same as you - kind of thought they were silly but they are super cute and soft. We have the ladybug and dog here.

Lindsay said...

Love the pictures! The kids faces show that Pure magic you are talking about. They all look so happy and excited!