03 December 2010

YaHoo For Pickleville!!!!!!!!


We are great Pickleville Playhouse fans around here.  Stanton and I try to get over to Bear Lake every summer to see the melodrama and we've started taking the kids to the Christmas show they have here in town every year (this year's was "Santa's Elves:  A North Pole Musical").  We took just the girls last year, but the girls begged us to make sure Brigham got to come this time.  Judy and Dave put Cannon to bed at their house.  It was a blast to have a night with the 3 olders.



We met our friends, Dave & Erica Low, and their boys Isaac, Dawson, and Henry.  They left their little baby G home, too.  Aren't these kids cute??!!!




Before the show, the kids had a chance to have a chat with Santa Claus.  Kids these days are too darn smart and the girls especially are so savvy.  They notice that Santa looks different every time they see him and yet still believe with all their hearts.  Standing in line, they asked me if he was the *real* Santa Claus or one of his helpers.  When they noticed his beard was real, they were hopeful he was the real McCoy, or McKringle as it were.  They each had an engaging chat with him and he was delightful.  We were all pretty sure he was the real deal!  I love the interest he is paying each of the children and the connection each of them look to be feeling.  I just love Santa Claus.  He is pure magic.


We got seats on the second row, but Dave & Erica generously let the girls take their 2 front row seats so they could really enjoy every second.  D & E sat by us, as well as Brig, and the big kids all took front and center.  It was magical!!!  (Notice Chloe with her book.  She's such an enigma sometimes.  I loved that she wanted to bring her book along and that she actually read it waiting for the show to start and during intermission).
During the show, the kids got the royal treatment.  The cast members made crazy eye contact with them, sang to them, and even interviewed Chloe as part of the show.  She thought it was really funny that Buster the Elf asked her how many Facebook friends she had.  Whenever she tells the story (which is frequently), she gets the giggles and says, "He asked me how many Facebook friends I have, but I'm a little kid.  Kids don't have Facebook!"  All the attention made the girls feel so special and the show just that much more delightful.




I snapped these photos of the cast while they were chatting with people after the show.  The five of them did the entire show, with just a little (crucial and adorable) help from Lexie, a darling 10 year old girl, and Santa himself.
These 5 folks are so talented.  First of all, to be able to physically endure a production of that magnitude with virtually no rest, to sing and dance and have great comedic timing consistently -- it's remarkable.  Their voices were great, the choreography and dancing were fantastic, and the humor was my favorite kind -- self-deprecating, clever, and clean.  If it's possible, this cast was even better than last year's.
TJ, who is the elf on the bottom right, is also the writer of these productions ( as well as the summer melodrama).  He is crazy mad talented and the fact that the jokes are *his* makes his delivery even more hilarious.


What more can I say about the show?  It perfectly fit the description of the type of entertainment we should be seeking out for our families.  We loved it.
If you live anywhere near Cache Valley (and I mean even Idaho and the Salt Lake area), consider getting tickets to this show.  Your kids will love it and you will, too.  They play from the 3rd to the 23rd and the theatre they perform in is intimate, so there are no bad seats.  To get tickets, you can visit THEIR WEBSITE.

The kids have been quoting lines from the show all week and just can't stop talking about it.  We can't, either.  We just loved it.

I had to snap this picture of the back side of the sign walking back to the car.  He he!  I think we'll pass this time...


Thanks Davis family!!!  We love Pickleville!

4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Love theater productions! What a wonderfully fun family activity. This post reminded me that we were thinking of going to Bear Lake (and the theater) for our family reunion this year. Can you look into accommodations for us at our usual end of June/first of July time just to see what is available, costs, etc.? Thank you!
Loved Chloe's facebook comment! Thank goodness she can say that! Can we keep it that way for a very long time? I love her nose in a book instead!

Christie said...

JULIE, love the posts, but I know why you are not in the Christmas spirit. It is bedtime!!!!! Go to bed and get some rest!!!!! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I know SOMEONE ELSE who likes to bring her book and read before the show! hahahaha! Chip off the ol' block!
That looks like so much fun! And I love that the girls were so excited to have Brig there.

Lindsay said...

Oh I want to go so bad!!