Wow. I can hardly believe it's been a year.
June of 2009 was a month full of the unknown. Heartache, tears, peace, excitement, fear, faith, etc. We had no idea what life after June 30, 2009 would hold.
Look at us now. One year later and Boston seems a foggy memory. I'm so glad I kept the blogging journal I did and continue to appreciate the kindness and love shown to us throughout our weeks at Children's Hospital Boston. Those weeks remain some of the most important of our lives and of our little Brigham's.

10 comments:
Wow, time seriously does fly. It seems like you were writing this just a couple months ago. So glad Brigham is doing so well!
Wow! What a picture. I'm so glad you got that over with, and hope it stays a foggy memory. Sweet little boy, thank heavens for modern medicine!
It is amazing how time can heal things. You have been through so muc with him! I'm so happy that he is growing and doing well today. xoxo
E
I can't believe it has been a year already! This picture makes me choke up! Julie, you are such an amazing, strong woman! They way you held you family together speaks volumes of how wonderful you are! I hope you are having a fabulous summer!
For a second I thought he was repeating the process.
Thank heavens it's just in the past.
We had a scare with our daughter around the same age and you are right - even though the time was scary, it still holds some of my most cherished memories.
I was thinking of you guys the other day as I was looking at the calendar and I remembered that it was this time of year when we were all thinking of you, praying for you, and just hoping that everyone would return to UT safe and sound! And now, it's like nothing ever happened! But so much did. and it makes you cherish every single moment you have with him that much more...Love you all!
And look at him now! What a handsome, healthy kid! Congrats on your successful journey!
I was watching him when the primary kids were singing on Father's Day and thinking how you would never even know what he has gone through! He is such a cutie!
I remember how my heart ached when I heard of Brigham's huge trial. Your strength and example helped bring perspective and peace in my life.
I couldn't help but think of what he has been through in his short little life as he was snuggled on Grandpa's lap at the reunion. He is our family's little miracle and his attitude and recovery have strengthened our faith that our Heavenly Father truly does know each of us very personally and has a plan in place for each of His children. Who knows what great things lie in his future...but for right now, all I know is he is a joy and delight! Love, love, love, the darling freckles on his cheeks, that huge smile, and his adorable way of expressing himself! Big hugs to Brig from Grandma and Grandpa Rose!
Post a Comment