And I think that's pretty cool.
I've very much enjoyed getting older and the 30s have been very good to me so far. I have felt more confident and stylish in my 30s. I love the phase of life I'm in with my children. I love the relationship I have with Stanton. In short, I really love life in my 30s. I wonder if I'll look back on these as the best years of my life? I suspect it just keeps getting better.
31 things I've learned about myself and the world so far:
1 Life is pretty much what I make of it.
2. I am loved.
3. God is real and really answers prayers.
4. Ice cream is worth every single calorie.
5. Cake isn't.
6. There's nothing funnier than a 3 year old.
7. Life is happier when I lower my expectations.
8. Family is everything.
9. My mom and dad were right about pretty much everything.
10. But it's still okay to disagree with them on a few things.
11. Skirts are a fabulous alternative to jeans and shorts.
12. Short hair works for me.
13. There's nothing quite like a good book.
14. Vacations are important.
15. Children are a blessing.
16. When I'm helping I'm happy.
17. To be trusted is better than to be loved.
18. Actions speak louder than words.
19. Making time for the things I love makes me more willing to love others.
20. Showering and getting ready every day makes a world of difference.
21. God is interested in the details of my life.
22. The laundry will never be conquered.
23. Communication is the secret to a happy marriage.
24. My kids still love me and know that I love them even when I yell at them.
25. It's better not to yell, though.
26. There are really good people to meet everywhere in the world.
27. Things that are worthwhile are often hard.
28. It's only a bargain if I would have purchased it at full price.
29. Miracles happen.
30. Friends are important.
31. Jesus loves me.
14 comments:
Happy birthday, my dear friend! What a perfect list. I found myself nodding my head with several of them. You are gem and I am grateful to know and love you!
We think 31-year-olds are funny, too! Happy Birthday, darlin'! You have brought so much joy to our lives! Have a great day with your adorable little kids and wonderful husband!
Happy Birthday missy! Hope it's a perfect day..... Or at least that you get SOME relief from your usual business today. Enjoy! xoxox
Happy Birthday Julie! Great post! I loved your list.
Well Happy Birthday Miss Julie! I'm so glad you were born!!!
Oh Man I love this list! Thank you for saying #7 ! I too have learned that it's really not a bargin if I didn't need it in the first place! Or if it's not quiet what I wanted! I also feel that if I lower my expectations I am much happier! I said that once and someone DID NOT agree and told me all about it! HA! So I am glad I am not the only one! I HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and A FABULOUS YEAR!!!
HAPPY DAY! I need to write this done for future reference... happy happy birthday Julie dear!
Love the list! And 31 has been a great year for me. I agree with what you said about the 30's!
And of course, Happy Birthday!!
I LOVE your list. You are so wise for such a young thirty-something.
I hope your day was fantasmegariffic!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I feel the same way as you about being 31. I'm so much more comfortable in my own skin now than I ever was in my 20's.
I love you.
loved the list! Happy belated Birthday! I'm with you, the 30's are great years! sounds like life is good for you and your family! that makes me happy.
Ditto, 31 times over. I sure miss you lady and hope you had a great birthday! The 30's are pretty wonderful.
Post a Comment