05 June 2010

Chloe Lately

Chloe's finally recovered from her post-vacation naughtiness (she has a hard time readjusting to normal life and it takes her....a WHILE), so I'm in the mood to post about her cuteness again.  :)

She hadn't done a puzzle in quite a long time, but decided to work on her 100 piece Littlest Pet Shop one finally.  She finished the whole thing by herself.


Ha Ha.  The girls think making cross-eyes is so funny.  Grandpa David likes to remind them that he was born cross-eyed and it's not so funny.  It is, though.


Her friend, Winston D., taped her favorite flower from his yard on our door with a cute little note.


She was a rat in her Kindergarten Opera (part of the Utah Festival Opera program).  These are from the dress rehearsal.  The actual performance was the day we left for Hawaii.  She felt bad about that for a moment, but then remembered she was going to Hawaii.  I particularly love her pink shirt and pink rainboots.


She's fantastic with Cannon and (mostly) patient with Brigham and Lily.


Oh, how she loves babies.


She had her dance recital recently.  I love that she chose her pink cowgirl boots to wear to the auditorium.
Just a side view.


And with her whole class.  Such a pretty little thing.  And as pretty on the inside as she is on the out.  Also, she loathes mascara, which I think is pretty rad for a 6 year old.


Chloe has become an excellent reader over the last few months.  There aren't many words she can't figure out.  I've had a bit of a rough time motivating her to read on her own, though, which concerned me for a while until I remembered that she's a kid and shouldn't ever feel pressure about things like that.
She finally told me the other day that she gets a headache when she reads and that's why she doesn't enjoy it.  I have an eye appointment for her on Monday, so we'll see if it's eyesight or if it's just not something she finds a lot of pleasure in yet.

Also, she has been making word search puzzles for us lately.  I love them!  She hides real words up and down and backwards and forwards in the puzzles and really loves making them!  It's things like that that make me realize I have zero need to stress about her reading on her own, for pleasure, right now.

I love Chloe's good phases.  I always love Chloe, but I don't always love the phases she passes through.  The good ones appear to be lasting a lot longer lately, while the tough ones are fading more quickly.  I love seeing her grow up and mature.  She's a good little girl and we sure love her.

2 comments:

Angie said...

She is special... so special! It is hard to handle some of their phases, isn't it? But then you know that they really are so special (in between all their sassiness) when you can sit and write a post like this!
Love ya, Chloe!

Greg and Wendy said...

We love Chloe and all the "ins and outs" of her little personality. It is so fun to see her gradually gaining more and more control over her emotions. She is so very beautiful in every way! Love you, Chloe!