03 July 2010

Coming Home

We spent a wonderful 3ish days at my sister, Lori's, house for our family reunion this Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  It was more fun than I can express.  This is the first year where I can say that sincerely, which gives me tremendous joy.  I'm so grateful for my kids and my tremendous family.  So very, very grateful.

I plan to do a post about the reunion (you know, like the post I'm planning to do about our family trip to Hawaii *ahem*), but the afternoon we spent here after we got home was one I want to capture while it's still fresh.

We came home to joyful signs of life all around us --


We haven't even unloaded the van yet, but who cares?  This is real life.

6 comments:

Darci said...

The removal of training wheels is a big deal for sure. I love the pictures and your little captions.

Anonymous said...

Geat pictures! So much happiness.

Unknown said...

Can I send Emery over for a no training wheels lesson? It looks like it was such a fun day!

Amanda D said...

LOVE this post, Julie. Your kids are so adorable and you are so right - this is life.

My 4-year-old was successful with the training wheels off of his bike this week. We're pretty proud!

Greg and Wendy said...

What professional pictures! You are truly taking time to "smell the roses"... the things that bring the most joy in life are so simple, aren't they? Every time I see Brig smile I just want to hug him close and never let him go. We are so blessed to have him here, aren't we?

Cindy said...

Awesome pictures, Juj! I LOVE your camera! (oh, and the subjects aren't too bad themselves:) So awesome that the girls are riding bike w/out trainers....FREEDOM!! They are such cuties and we're all looking forward to another week together next week.