24 February 2009

Ho Hum

It's 3:21 am. I went to bed at 8:00 and Cannon woke up at 2:30. The house was a mess when I woke up, so I decided to do a little tidy up before I went back to bed. Now guess where I am instead? My biggest vice: the computer. It's the reason things are a mess in the first place. You wouldn't know it by my blog, though. I have let myself get a bit behind and now I'm avoiding it like it's a disease. Getting caught up is the worst. But Chloe's birthday party must be recorded. I need to get my feelings about Brigham's appointment recorded. I have a post about how everything's changing that's been swimming in my brain for a month now. By the time I get it recorded, things will have changed again.

Where have I been spending all of my computer time? Pinching Your Pennies. I do love the couponing -- it's been so fun and rewarding...BUT I need to rein it in a bit -- you know...bring it back into balance with the rest of my responsibilities. It's hard, though, when you find yourself dreaming about the next big steal. Bless my sweet kids' hearts for being so good while I drag them to the store.

Speaking of which, this was the conversation as we headed to Kmart yesterday (double coupons and a few good deals -- mostly, though, everything was sold out):

Me: Okay, we're going to go to a store called Kmart this morning.
Lily: You mean Walmart?
Me: No, I mean Kmart.
Lily: Oh! Kmart is a fancy way of saying Walmart!

Fancy Nancy reference notwithstanding, I think she's right. And that's really not saying much.

G'night.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Julie, Julie, Julie... sleep!!! But I know what you mean about dreading the catch up game on a blog. Good luck with that!

And I love the conversation about K-mart. My kids only know of K-mart because that's the store that has "horsies" out in front!

Anonymous said...

At my house Kmart is the fancy word for crud. Seriously, our local Kmart is so the opposite of fancy. It's at the bottom of my list. But then, I have a Target and you do not, so you work with what you've got.

And your kids are the cutest.

Unknown said...

Julie, thanks for this post! Some days I think I'm the only one who spends time hunting for coupons, shopping for a bargain, and dragging my kids along. I just love that you're honest in your blog and that once in a while you let me see that you're human once in a while and not SUPERMOM! I sure love ya!