27 February 2009

D'Lovely #5!

The days of my life go by slowly, I will admit...but the years are flying by. This month my #1 baby girl, Chloe Rose, turned 5! Five? How did we get here?

Last year, Chloe asked for a Barbie cake. This year? A pizza cake. She's becoming more like me every day.
My mom & dad came down the day before to spend some time with Chloe and the rest of us. She loved the Littlest Pet Shop toys they gave her. (I have no pictures of that day...oops.)

On her birthday, my cousin Chrystal and Stanton's dad came (not together!) to a little cake and ice cream party. Chloe made another haul -- more LPS, My Little Pony toys, a computer, money, and a coupon for a girls' day with Chrystal. She loved them all. It was a fun night.

So, Chloe. She's a great kid. Chloe loves: dancing, anything Chinese, pink, being the winner, preschool, Cannon, pizza, hamburgers, coloring, TV, her grandmas, playing games, being my buddy.

I forget how little Chloe is. She went from baby to big sister in a matter of 14 months. Chloe did everything quickly: she crawled at 6 months (before she sat up on her own), climbed stairs at 7 months, walked at 9 1/2 months, talked from as far back as I can really remember. She enjoyed looking at flashcards and watching the Sound of Music, she was doing 24 piece puzzles from the time she was 2, she has always been a learner. Because she's always been so "grown up," I've forgotten how little she really is. This fall we were in Old Navy and she was banging the cart against a shelf. I got upset and shouted, "Chloe, stop that. You are NOT a little child!" My sister, of course, started laughing her head off and I immediately saw the irony. Yes, she is indeed a little child. A perfect, sweet, eager to please little child. A fun, intelligent, kind-hearted oldest child. A ray of sunshine and a joy in my life.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beauty!

Angie said...

Such a sweetheart!! Yes, they are little, but they do grow up so fast...

Greg and Wendy said...

One of Dad's favorite quotes!..."The days are long, but the years are short!" You are so right! It is hard to believe it was 5 years ago since I came out to Buffalo and we made baby blankets and baby announcements! She just can't be 5 already! Such a beautiful, smart, wonderful little girl! I am also updating my blog (huge job!) and will put pictures of our trip there when I get to Feb! (I am at the end of December but getting there!)
Love you all,
Mom

PS The pizza cake turned out better than any of them we looked at on line that day! Good job!

Greg and Wendy said...

Love the pictures you posted of her, especially #6 & 7. I don't think I have seen them!

Greg and Wendy said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! Chloe is such a beautiful and very sweet child! Thanks for the post.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

She is such a doll!