I've gone cold turkey and stopped nursing Cannon. Reasons? A few, but mainly that I am selfish and tired of having to be close by to make him happy. Guess what? He's slept through the night for two nights in a row after a bottle. I'm liking this.
Right now I am chock full of milk and hoping a heating pad makes me feel a bit better. This is miserable.
6 comments:
Hey Julie! Found your blog through Sara's and have been peeking in on you and your adorable family. You are too funny, lady.
Thought I'd make a little suggestion the help ease your pain...I've heard tucking cabbage leaves into your bra really helps. A friend of mine swears by them. Good luck!
Cabbage leaves or a dose of Sudafed will do the trick! Yowsers! If they get really painful pump off just a little bit to avoid a clogged duct! Good luck, and I am jealous that Cannon slept thru the night!
I love your validation post, I will check out the video when Maggie gives me a minute. :) I wanted to add that even though it seems contrary - ice packs can really help the milk overload. (The heat packs feel good, but they actually promote blood flow and increase milk production). The Sudafed someone mentioned is also a good idea. Hope you get some relief!
Ugh... I know that pain! Take some advil for one thing. The suggestions that Kimberly said are good - definitely do something to relieve it a bit... hot shower, pump, whatever it takes to release a bit. You definitely don't want to have a clogged duct at this point!!! Good luck!
Ouch!!
I took some homeopathic that dried me up the fastest of all 3 weanings, it was miraculous. I'd send it to you, but you'd probably be fin by the time it got there and I don't know if you have a 'crunchy' herbal store up there, do you?
Cabbage leaves in your bra......
Post a Comment