*We're going to the park today with some neighborhood friends. Looking forward to that. And Judy and I are working on the parade float today, too. It's so fun to do these things with my mother in law. How did I get so lucky? Great parents and great in-laws. Amazing.
*We're going to see lots of family this weekend! First up: a family reunion in Idaho with my siblings and parents (minus Matt & Sara). Second: a family reunion/24th of July celebration here in the Valley with Stanton's family. The kids even get to be in the parade which they TOTALLY LOVE!
*I've been thinking about timing a lot lately. You know this if you read regularly. While contemplating the bright side of our wacky timing of the next few months, I saw these silver linings:
~No children in school when Brig has his surgery. This means they can easily go from one house to another wherever if that's needed.
~All the kids will be too young to remember too much of this traumatic time.
~Brigham definitely won't remember the surgery or recovery.
~The baby will be too young to even know what's going on. I'm hoping this means it will be easier for him to just "roll" with everything.
~My mom is retiring in November, which means she'll be able (and is already so willing!) to help when we need it.
~Things at the business are running smoothly, so Stanton will be able to be more flexible with his schedule.
~Our insurance deductible & out of pocket max will be met with the birth of this baby next month, so we'll be able to have all of Brigham's diagnostic tests covered 100%. Well, scratch that one. Just called the insurance company. "Maternity is separate from medical," they said. Well, okay. But still, I choose to be happy.
~Facing the reality of the next few months has also given me a chance to look at what I can actually handle and make decisions in regards to that. A good thing.
Lots of good things, right?
9 comments:
Yes, tons and tons of good things. Have a great time with your family the next few days and YEA for finding all of the silver linings with regards to Brig. You are totally right and so amazingly strong to be able to find those things.
Lots of very good things! I am touched by your ability to find such positivity throughout anything you're given. I love that about you!
Almost 2, especially with older siblings, is totally legal for stair walking that makes you hold your breath until both feet touch the bottom.
Julie, you are such an inspirationg with your positive nature about things. I would probably be falling apart emotionally if I was as pregnant as you and dealing with Brigham's heart problems. I keep him in my prayers and I am in awe with your calmness about the situation. It is an example to me to always try and work on trusting more and more in Heavenly Father's plan for all of us.
It is wonderful to hear the timing of everything and how well that all will work out. I am glad that your Mom will be there a lot to help too as that will give you a lot of peace and a lot less stress while dealing with it all.
Enjoy your fun weekend!
Lots. Including you. You're awesome.
Way to look on the bright side. Julie Rocketh!
Hooray for moms!
Amazing... looking at the bright side of things. Way to go!! That is so much easier said than done most times, but you have a lot of bright things to look at. Glad you could keep them out of the shadows (at least for yesterday) ;o)
I'm impressed at your positive attitude. How great that the timing will all work out perfectly.
Have fun at your reunion! I miss 24th of July celebrations.
Sis...you inspire me. I wish I was there to give you a hug more often. But you have a more important man in your life who can do that. Still...a brotha's love is a brotha's love. (bet you can't name what flick that is from...)
Post a Comment