01 July 2008

Sunday Quiet Books


This was a project my sisters-in-law and I worked on a couple of years back. It was super time-consuming -- I estimated I spent well over 40 hours on it between tracing, painting, outlining, ironing, sewing, and so on. It worked well as a group project but sort of burned me out on crafting for a good little while. I'm much better with things that I can start and finish rather quickly. But if you're feeling ambitious, this is a great Quiet Book. It's got a ton of activities and the kids rarely make it through a whole book in Sacrament Meeting.


This is a very small sampling of the pages. There are about 20 in each book. Some could totally be adapted into file folder-type games and some just work better this way. One of the kids' favorite pages, which I forgot to photograph, is the caterpillar touchy-feely page. It has sand paper and fuzzy fabric and all those fun textures that toddlers love to discover.

4 comments:

TaLaisa said...

That is so so cute! Wow. Did you use a pattern? I still have the quiet book my Mom made when I was little.

Janelle said...

I see this and there is a disconnect in my brain of what I want and how to accomplish it, especially with my skill set.

This quiet book looks amazing and effective. Especially for my 3 year old.

We're doing a home made Christmas so I'm looking for projects to start on for nieces and nephews.

Janelle said...

Hi Julie I'd love some info on quiet bags. I already emailed you on your yahoo account from my regally blonde account, maybe its in your junk mail because I emailed you about Scripture Study two days ago. But don't worry about what I wrote sometimes I'm a freakazoid.

Chandler Family said...

I love quiet books! Great work they are darling. And thanks for the idea for my essay. It has sparked some of my experiences.