You, of course! Because now you can begin your journey into the world of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I was pleased to see so many of you knew the reference of the giveaway title! Good job! I'm sure we'll all be good friends. Take the time to watch this. It's one of many many many hilarious Flying Circus Clips on You Tube. Frankly, I wanted to show you the Ministry of Silly Walks, as it is probably my favorite MPFC sketch ever, but, alas, I could find none on You Tube that actually kept going until the end where they always said, "And now for something completely different..." Don't these You Tubers know they're cramping my giveaway style?
I've got a lot of craziness going on in my life right now -- from lots of different sources. I've got a baby coming in less than a month. I've got an almost 2 year old having open heart surgery in the next few months. I've got a 3 year old and a 4 year old being dragged along for the ride. I host a scripture study group here on blogger. I'm obsessed with crafty projects lately. And I've got one crafty idea that just won't leave me alone, in spite of all the other much more important stuff that's right here in front of me. You all know what that is, right? The quiet bags, of course! I suppose that's why I chose the title for the giveaway that I did. These bags are just something completely different from what's really important in my life -- these soon to be 4 little children who depend on me for their every need and their equally important father -- my marvelous husband, Stanton. So, why can't I get them out of my head? Why do I feel utterly compelled to share them with the world and start a little business from them? I mean, do I really have time for this? This has been the subject of my thoughts, dreams (and that's a weird one because I don't typically remember my dreams...), conversations, etc. over the last couple of weeks -- especially since I've seen the response from this giveaway. Thanks for your thoughts and input, by the way...
So, now for the conclusions...I feel inspired to share these bags, whether it's with instructions for you to make them yourself or selling them to you and all your many friends. I am going to attempt to do both. Well, I think I've already done the first in the giveaway post, right? But here's the deal with the second half of that little equation. I'm not going to set up an Ebay or Etsy shop, as I feel like it will become overwhelming really quickly. Really quickly. But I do want to sell these little puppies! When the idea first came, I thought somewhere in the $30-$40 range was reasonable and it looks like you're mostly in agreement with that. I'm glad to hear that. I think that would make it accessible to you and worth my time and effort. If you are interested in purchasing a bag, please email me at stanton underscore julie at msn dot com or leave a comment here on this post. I am going to sell them for $35. You will need to pay shipping on top of that. For the $35, you will get a personalized denim bag (boy, girl, or family), a decorative clipboard, a crayon roll with crayons, an I Spy bag, a snack cup, a sheet of stickers, a magnetic dress up doll kit, and a photo album. I'm offering a "boy" style bag/contents, a "girl" style, and a "gender neutral" (perfect for an entire family) -- just let me know what you want in that regard. I'll take personal checks as payment and they'll have to clear before I send out your bag (I've got to cover my tail somehow, right?!). I'll be sure to let you know shipping costs before you pay me. I am excited to do these for you and your friends --- feel free to spread the word! Keep in mind that this would be a fun birthday, Christmas, etc. gift for a child you know! Or, if we're keeping it real, a mom you know!
Okay, Okay! I know what you're all here for! I'll get on with it already!
I had so much fun visiting all your blogs and getting everyone's names ready for the drawing. I have to admit -- I was astonished at the response I got here. I mean, thatsallottanames, right?
I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to my favorite bowl. I bought this nearly 6 years ago at a dollar store in Ohio, right before hosting my first Thanksgiving dinner. It held rolls that day -- and still does regularly. It's also my garbage bowl when I'm cooking. It's been through the dishwasher more times than I can count. And it's held up like no wood bowl I've ever seen. And now it's my official blog giveaway entry holder! Oh, and right at this very moment, it's serving as a giant coaster -- protecting my leather couch from a bowl of Wheat Chex and strawberries... What a bowl, People, what a bowl.....
What were we talking about? Oh! That's right...So, I swished the names around nice and swishy-like....
Then reached on in and pulled out...
This name! Aren't you dying to see if your name is typed on that little piece of paper? Okay, go ahead and look -- is it you????
Oops -- sorry, I forgot to turn off the flash -- it is 11:33 pm, you know. Let's try that again, shall we?
Can you see it, Chrissy?! You win! You win! You win! I have to admit, I'm a little shocked that someone I know got chosen! How fun is that? As fun as having someone I don't know chosen -- that's how fun! See, I'm no player of favorites, People, I love you all!
Well, there you have it. Christianne is our winner. I'll look for your email so I can get started on your bag. I genuinely wish every single one of you had gotten chosen...although that would have meant a lot of sewing for no compensation on my part. I think I'll just be content with one winner. And lots of new orders. Remember to email me or leave a comment here. I'll get started right away on your very own quiet bag -- and get you one step closer to sanity on a Sunday or a Wednesday or any day you pull it out.
If you haven't read through the comments on the giveaway post -- do it! You'll find a lot of very good ideas for keeping your little ones occupied. Thanks everyone for sharing!
And stay tuned for the next giveaway. Visit Photography by Emily for a sneak peek!
Oh, and I'd love for you to keep visiting. There's new stuff going on all the time around here -- from Wellness Wednesday to all the craftiness to thoughts on life's little moments. You're a welcome guest -- please kick off your shoes and stay a while. And order a bag or two while you're here...
9 comments:
awww i'm sad i didn't win! but i had fun reading this post anyway. :)
you're going to sell TONS of bags, i just know it!
p.s. setting up an etsy shop is really simple, so if you decide to go that route, let me know if you want any help :)
Congrats to the winner... and shucks to all of us that didn't win!
Julie - this was a great post and I can't believe how many responses you had. You'll have some busy little hands once all those orders come in! Instead of having play dates with the kids I think you'll have to recruit them to help put the bags together. You're very own assembly line of "helpers".
Really great job, Juge! Love ya!
Well, I'll just have to buy my own bag then! I'll be in touch.
Awww bummer! I wanted to win! I think I'll order one in a few weeks but don't start until I email you. I have to consult the finances first :)
i always love the "high" of tons of comments on my giveaway posts, but then bummed when i don't get tons of comments on the results post. ya know? ;)
What's your etsy shop name?
You can email me if you prefer: sarajoyner at gmail
I'm sad I didn't win, but yay for the winner! I don't know if we can squeeze the money out of the budget right now (you know buying a house and all), but I will be thinking of it! I e-mailed you about the fabric, I didn't tell you how much though. I need two sections of fabric (so if you have two that coordinate) that are each whatever the width is (so 45 or 52 or whatever) by 28 inches. I have everything else I need.
Julie, I had no idea you were doing a giveaway until this morning! Sorry! Girls camp wiped me out and I have been playing catch up since I got home. SUCH CUTE BAGS! I might put a link to it on my blog to help publicize for you . . . if you want. And I'mthinking it might be smart for me to put my order in now rather than later - your life might get a little crazy for a while. I'll let you know!
I'm sorry to hear about Brigham. The good thing is you know what's wrong with him - which is so much better than NOT knowing. I have every confidence that the doctors know what they are doing. I can't imagine what that has to feel like to be his mother and in the position your in. I'll be praying for you all. Please keep us updated.
Fun for the winner! I can't imagine having time to sew bags with your adorable family! I'd love to buy one for Emma, but I don't want you overwhelmed! Hmmm. We will talk! You are so ambitious!
Post a Comment