Saturday morning Stanton went to the office and fixed his neice's chipped tooth. She got pushed during the 5k race in Stanton's hometown. See, another reason not to be a runner! :) I got the kids all ready and we headed to the parade. This is the funnest parade ever because we get to be in it! Stanton's mom does a float every year. We finally convinced her not to do a Barack Obama campaign float (whew!) and ended up with America: We the People. Stanton's sisters made matching red, white, and blue tye-dye shirts for all the sisters and kids so we'd match the float. The kids had a blast throwing candy to the crowd and Stanton was our official "mister." It was actually very nice to get those little bursts of water every now and again.
Again, I didn't remember the camera, but Stanton did manage to take a few pics with his phone. Thank goodness for that.
This is Rachel. She's the one who got pushed over. Her lip doesn't look so good, but you'd never guess which tooth got chipped. And isn't she just cute?
After the parade, we went to Dave & Judy's for lunch and water games and visiting. The kids played on the blow-up water slide DA & Jen (Stanton's uncle and aunt) brought and the blow-up castle Don & Ann brought. It was nice to have all of them entertained and occupied for the most part and for most of the day. At one point I went over to look at Ann's new minivan and left the kids in the backyard with Stantona and company. When I came back, I learned that Lily had taken off her swimming suit in front of everyone and then proceeded to ask Jimmy to "Make sure nobody doesn't see my bottom." I think she took care of that on her own ... Nobody DIDN'T see her bottom!
A few more pictures from the day...
3 comments:
What fun! I'm glad you had a great weekend.
I LOVE the picture of you biting your lower lip. Wait --are you biting your lower lip? Anyway, it's cute. And funny. :)
I love your new sidebar, btw. I'm always updating mine, too.
I've noticed I'm almost always making the same face in pictures where I don't know I'm being photographed. My husband says I get this look of concentration whenever I'm doing something, and it includes the biting of the lower lip.
You're still adorable!
My name for "Placenta Brain" is "Mom-nesia" because it doesn't go away once you've delivered the placenta. Or maybe I should say - mine never went away. I'm almost positive I've given 25% of my brain to each of my kids, which leaves me with only 25% for myself. I hope you're not making this mistake with yours 'cause, oops, if you are, you're on #4. You do the math! :)
Post a Comment