23 July 2008

Should I Be Concerned?

Update: We're done with the tantrum (lasted about 15 minutes), but this whole experience reminded me of a story Stanton's mom tells from his childhood. Stanton, Jimmy (his little brother), and Judy were in JC Penney getting new shoes for school. Stanton completely lost it in the shoe department and had a full on temper tantrum because Jimmy's feet were bigger than his. Talk about competitive. Glad I'm not like that (wink, wink)...

Chloe is in Brigham's room throwing the biggest temper tantrum I've seen in a long time. Why? Because Lily got dressed faster than her. I don't know why she's so upset....I'm still not dressed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're entering the "everything's a contest" stage. Good luck with that.

Cheryl said...

Don't worry. #1 broke down in sobs this morning because #3 told her she was "stinky."

Oh, and sometimes she sobs and throws a tantrum when she loses things, or when she doesn't win the races (to brush her teeth, or clean the room, or run upstairs, etc.), so I think it's just a phase thing. Or an oldest child thing. Maybe.

Linda said...

I have discovered that moms do NOT count in the race. I have even tried looking sad and they just don't care.

Good luck.

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! Glad to hear that my children (specifically Ethan) aren't the only ones that throw a fit for some of the "best reasons" ever! And I would have never known by the way they acted here... they were great! It was so fun to have them over - thanks again for asking!

TaLaisa said...

My boys are so competitive. I'm sure we have a fit of that nature on a weekly basis. And interestingly it's the oldest who squeaks the loudest when he doesn't 'win'.