
Lovely interior -- I especially like that chandelier. And the huge grand staircase in the center of the lodge.

The purpose of this photo was to show that great Fredrick Remington-esque statue. I don't think that lady minds her rear being shown to the world.

Isn't that just the neatest little ditty? I love barbed wire. Really. I find it a little odd how happy this makes me. I'd like it in my home. And around my daughters' bedroom doors in about 12 years.
We enjoyed good food, good company, and a really great concert from this guy:

Kalai
Isn't that just awesome music? He was so fun in concert -- great, fun interaction with the audience and absolutely awesome music. I plan to download his stuff from iTunes just as soon as I get iTunes back on my computer! THAT could be a while.
Kalai really was a highlight of this trip -- I find him to be a mix of John Mayer, Bob Marley (you'll have to hear his other songs for that connection), and James Taylor. Awesome. One of my new favorites. And just how did some old stodgy dentists manage to get him at their convention? Good question. Some Mormon/Utah/neighborhood connection. Gee, it is nice to live in Utah.
7 comments:
Wow, I loved that song! Let me know what you think of the rest of his songs...I might have to download them too. :)
How fun does that sound? A weekend away from the kids would suit me just fine right now.
That is an amazing song! I love it, way to go utah/mormon/neighbor connections.
That barbed wire is really cool looking, and I laughed right out loud at the thought of barbed wire around your teenage daughters rooms. One great selling point of arranged marriages, NO Dating Necessary!
How do you pronounce this guy's name? He is AWESOME! I want to buy his album in a big way, it's perfect "chillin' by the pool music" of which I always need more. ;D Glad you had a fun getaway. Nothing makes my heart grow fonder of my kids than having a few minutes (or days) away from the hustle and bustle they create.
Barbed wire. Ha! I want that around my kids' rooms, too. :)
Glad you had a great time. Love that music!
Tay -- yes, yes you do need something just like this in your life right now.
And what do you think about an arrangement between yours and mine?
Lori -- you say it Kuh-lie. And he was seriously rad.
Cheryl -- I know, it's funny, but really really true.
Absolutely!!!! Do I have to send dental records for approval first? It'd be fun for us, laughing at them trying to raise kids just like they were.
Ah, yes. Just like they were. Will it ever happen?
No dental records required. I would never have passed the test with Stanton!
Post a Comment