15 April 2013

Grandma's Easter Egg Hunt

Have I mentioned before how very thankful I am that Grandma and Grandpa Rose have an Easter Egg Hunt at their house every year?  Because I am.  Thankful that I don't have to take the kids to a community one or better still plan one myself. 

We traveled to Blackfoot the Saturday before Easter for the big Egg Hunt and it didn't disappoint.  :)  We all brought way too much stuff from chips to Gogurts to juice boxes to candy candy candy.  The kids all helped fill the eggs and even hide them (from about Chloe's age on up) then had a ball finding them and dumping the contents on the big blanket for Regan and Todd to sort.  There was SO much stuff!  The kids were in heaven, I tell ya.

We ate pizza for lunch and then headed back home.  Such a fun trip.  Oh, and our niece Kate couldn't be there because, get this, she had chicken pox!!  She had been vaccinated, but a child in her class had not been, got them, and then spread them to the other kids in the class.  The cases were fairly mild for the kids who'd been vaccinated (I wonder if they're close to being due for their boosters in 5th grade?), but how crazy is that?   Anyway, she joined us via Facetime on the iPad.  She refereed the baseball game, saw the candy, and hung out with us the whole afternoon.  Cuteness.


 Cindy, Julie, Lori - circa 1985.  My mom made those dresses!  And oh, the hair.  We rolled a lot of curlers for that hair.  Love this picture so much.







 Kate on the iPad.











 Look at this crazy bag of Cheezits.  I took a bunch of pictures to send the company.  Pretty creepy!


























 Jordyn drew this picture of our family on Henry's blessing day.  She's AMAZING!










 I can just hear him groaning with joy.





This was supposed to be first.  We did Easter baskets on Saturday morning.   This was the only picture I took!  Whoops!

Anyway, a GREAT Saturday before Easter!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was explaining to Flint the tradition of sorting the candy once the eggs have been found. He thought I was a crazy person - so glad that your branch of the family is sorting Easter candy still!! :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That retro picture of you is just awesome. Oh my gosh, too cool. :)

Angie said...

So what exactly was on that Cheeto's bag?? Creepy indeed!

What a fun Easter!

cindy said...

Did you ever hear from the Cheetos company?? What a fun day, minus the creepy bag of Cheetos:)