What a great day this was!!!
I finished the girls' dresses with plenty of time to spare, but left the boys' ties to the last hour, of course! But they were not about to have nothing homemade -- I was loving that they felt that way!
The girls' dresses turned out so beautiful. I have to fix Chloe's - I made the waistband too small - but it was still beautiful on her that day.
The morning was hectic. We had to get to church a half hour early (no small feat with 9 o'clock church!) for choir practice. We sang two songs: Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me/O Savior Thou Who Wearest a Crown and Did You See Him in the Garden? They turned out really well...especially Did You See Him in the Garden?
We had 2 missionary farewells that day, too, so it was a nice Sunday. I substituted in Chloe's Primary class, so we read the events of Holy Week and watched Bible videos. It was really nice.
After church, we came home, took a few more pictures, and then threw together a fun Easter lunch. I think we might make it a tradition. I didn't make time to get a big dinner together (ham, potatoes, family, etc. ha!), so we had a lunch similar to what they might have eaten in Jesus' time. (Very loosely interpreted, I promise). Pita bread, hummus, smoked salmon, grapes, cheese, vegetables, etc. It was low key and perfect. We grazed all afternoon while watching The Ten Commandments. Can you believe that all the kids pretty much watched the whole 4 hours?! Incredible. Stanton and I both dozed quite a bit. :)
It was a really lovely Easter Sunday. One of my favorites ever. We soaked in love for the Savior and for each other.

2 comments:
Julie - those dresses!!!! A- mazing! Nice work!
Ditto what Amy said. And the ties too!
Post a Comment