15 April 2013

Februany

 Chloe's tummy after an intense day on bars.  This is NOT a regular occurrence, I promise, because OUCH.


 I vacuumed out the van after my melt-down post (it's a mess again) - took photographic evidence of the melted crayon debacle.  I still haven't dealt with it.


 Sweet Hank had a nasty cold.


 I made this adorable Little Man Bib.  He wore it to church until he grew into his white shirt.


One of those moments I just didn't want to forget.  (And as a fun side note, I just noticed that I'm wearing those exact same clothes today - April 15th - Ha!).
My children are chronic crib sleepers - meaning that they have a very hard time sleeping in my arms, Stanton's arms, at church, etc.  The only places they'll sleep are in their beds or in the car seat (usually with a blanket draped over).  This picture was taken during that terrible cold Hank had.  I hate to admit it, but I loved having him sick because it made him snuggly.

 We've committed to attending the temple once a month on ward temple night.  It has been so great to be more consistent with our temple attendance.  One particular night, it was so beautiful I had to stop and snap a picture.  I love the temple.


 One of our favorite healthy dinners.  Asian Lettuce Cups.  Recipe can be found HERE.  (I used a higher fat turkey for the batch in this picture.  I like it much better with the fat free turkey).


 An Instagram selfie - a funny one.  I showed up an hour early to the choir practice I am in charge of and scheduled.  I surprise even myself with my flakiness sometimes!


 The door is dirty (and I even washed it before taking this picture!), but this is the wreath I made for the door in February.  I still love it- even with the off center ribbon!




 Brig had a Flat Stanley unit at school.  He thoroughly enjoyed it -- even though we did absolutely NOTHING out of the ordinary that whole week.


 I was very proud of how the boys spent some of their allowance money in February.  They both bought books!  And oh, how awesome it is to see them pull that cash out of their wallets and pay for items themselves...then go home and record their purchases with a bit of help from me.  Such an important life skill!


Let's pretend that I took the time to rotate this, okay?  Brigham wrote the words and drew the vehicle and Chloe drew Darth Vader.  I was amazed and impressed!




 I snapped this picture in one of those moments when my heart was full to overflowing (right out of my tear ducts) with love for Henry. 


 We had a good chuckle one morning as Chloe practiced her spelling words.  She misspelled "Spelling" at the top of the page.  Ha!  I love that she can (usually) laugh at herself for things like this.


 Just one of many selfies to come, I'm sure!  :)


 My kids are all good readers, but none of them are obsessive readers.  This morning was definitely an exception.  We were supposed to be kneeling for prayer before school, but I was the only one with that on her mind!

 Henry and I folded laundry and cleaned house together.  I love having him on my back.  He is very content to crawl around these days, but in February, I still used the Beco pack quite a lot.  His little eyes are just so happy!


 I sometimes let Charlie join us on our runs to and from gymnastics.  He was getting naughty about trying to climb on my lap while I was driving, so I grounded him to the floor.  He was so insulted. 


 Brigham and Cannon playing "Baby Swing" with Henry.  He seemed to like it, but I put the kibosh on it when the swinging got a leetle too high for my anxiety.


 Just an adorable dirty Henry.

Cannon doing a little light reading.  Haha!

This reminds me that I still haven't sent this in.  Must do today.  Lily wanted a picture to send to the "How I Read The Friend" part of the magazine.


 We visited my Grandma Rose in Brigham City.  She and Henry had a lovely time together.  The other kids were wild and crazy, but Hank only had eyes for his Great Grandma.

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

So I totally had all these great plans about all the stuff I was gonna get done today...but I CAN NOT tear myself away from your new blog posts!!