I have a history of hating holiday craft traditions. You know this, right? Easter eggs are no exception. The amount of mess for the lame payoff never was appealing to me. The fact that the kids liked it? Eh. Kinda worth it.
This year I was determined to have a different experience. I saw on Pinterest that you could write on the eggs with a Sharpie. Why did I need Pinterest to figure this out? I'm a fool.
I also saw a little snippet on dyeing the eggs with Kool-Aid instead of egg dye. I had some Kool-Aid packets in the pantry waiting to be used for Play Dough (not gonna happen ever, probably), so I pulled those out, too.
We had a BALL. It was so fun to see the kids' creativity really shine with the markers. Cannon was especially amazing on his eggs. The patterns and detail were so fun to see.
I definitely liked this method MUCH better than the old standard dip and make a mess method. We'll do it again!
Cannon's Sharpie creation. Beautiful, no?!
Bonus entry, this cute poem Lily wrote at school.
Lovely Little Lil with her work in progress: a spaceship.
Chloe's Sharpie creation.
Cannon looking plenty proud of his creations. (He used a white crayon before dyeing the green and red eggs. A little bleach resist artwork). :)
Brig's creations. The brown one was supposed to be purple -- I even followed the gal's instructions for making it more purpley. Didn't turn out, but guess what? He was super happy with a brown egg.
Lil's finished spaceship.
Chloe and her signature clown face. She uses this on all of her stories.
Silver Sharpie. A pretty addition!
The finished product. I loved Lily's Earth egg and all of their creativity! A fun project, for sure.

2 comments:
I am the bonehead that didn't realize that you needed to use sharpies. I tried it with washable markers and it was a disaster. The ink bled through the shell, the ink rubbed off. I ended up using food coloring. I'm with you - doing eggs is a big pain.
Sharpies, eh? They look awesome. And I really like how you took pictures of the eggs in their hands...why didn't I ever think of that? So glad I have smart friends. :)
Post a Comment