This summer has, by and large, been absolutely wonderful. We've had so much fun, the time has flown by, there's been pretty minimal fighting (aside from the regular tiffs here and there), there've been very few crazy meltdowns (from the kids OR me), we've had lots of adventures to keep us busy, etc. It's really been a lot of fun.
Today, though? Today was rough. It started from the moment the kids woke up (I'm really not exaggerating that one) and didn't end until they were all tucked in to bed (not exaggerating that one, either). I am beat, physically and emotionally.
I really tried hard to keep my cool, but I had Lily in tears no fewer than 4 times today (it is NOT normal for a 6 1/2 year old girl to scribble on the kitchen floor with a pencil) and Brigham at least that many himself (NO, you canNOT watch every single LegoTV movie that On Demand offers...sorry, Buddy).
It reminds me of the days when they were all 4 and under. There were a lot of "these days" during "those days."
I'm grateful we're past those and that these come fairly infrequently now. But for today, I'm beat.
6 comments:
We have had an excellent summer as well, but we did about a week of fighting/grumpiness recently. I think the summer is getting old, they are ready for school. Do you think?
Nothing like the hard days to make you better appreciate the good days, eh?
I hear ya. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.
It must've been something in the air. It was like that for us, as you know. Summer has been so fun, and I'm excited to wind it down and get ready for fall. Lots of fun things coming up and this is my favorite time of the year!
Doesn't it amaze you, however, how forgiving they are? Thank goodness! If you can figure out why kids do the things they do when they do them, write a book! You'll be rich in no time!
I almost had a meltdown after spending ten minutes with Xavier yesterday. I often don't understand the things he does, just as he doesn't understand the things I do. Thankfully, he always forgives me and I get to start over again the very next day. Ah, the joys of parenting. I am glad you had a great summer. Next year will be the first summer I spend at home with my kids and I am thoroughly looking forward to it, meltdowns and all. Here's to a brand new day for all us, smoothing over the rough edges until we barely notice them at all. :)
Post a Comment