Oh, my. I do not love getting behind on this blog. Sometimes (in my worst moments), I think I'll just give it up. But then one of the kids sits down with the blog books I've printed (it was Lily & Chloe tonight) and looks through them, laughing at the titles (one of their favorites is titled, "Back in the Saddle...The Poopy Saddle"--surprise surprise!) and reminiscing about things they'll never forget and I realize it's because of this blog that they'll have these memories. So, even though I've been reading a ton lately (as an avoidance tactic since I'm so far behind on the blog), I'm going to take a break and get things caught up. But first.... let me record what I've been reading because it's not very often that I go on a reading kick like I've been on lately...so, in the last 3 weeks, I've read:
Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Askaban
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
The Harry Potter novels are even better the second time around. I am looking forward to starting the 6th one soon. It was fun to revisit these after so long and after the last movie was finally made. I have been able to pick up hints, details, and foreshadowing that I hadn't the first time...and I've been able to take my time reading them because I know the ending -- I don't feel totally compelled to get to the finish at any cost -- I can just savor the story for what it is. I'd definitely recommend these.
The Great Gatsby (listened to this one, but that still counts)
F. Scott Fitzgerald was a novelist I loved in high school....but guess what? I don't think I had a clue what he was writing about back then. Listening to this story again (and the guy who read it was phenomenal) was so gut-wrenching. It moved me. I loved every word of it and it stuck with my thoughts long after.
and
Matched
This is a new novel by Ally Condie. It has a bit of a Hunger Games-type feel to it - a "utopian" society, etc. It wasn't as well-written as I'd hoped it would be, but it is a fun story and a quick read. I'll read the series as it unfolds for sure.
Did you see what I just did there? I put off updating the blog with a fake post. Haha.
2 comments:
PLease don't give up! I love your blog. :)
I love having my blog printed into books too, it's so fun to go back and remember.
So fun to catch up on your catch-up! Now, I need to catch-up or at least post something! FHE now, perhaps blogging a little later! Stay-tuned!
Post a Comment