We hopped in the motor home last weekend and spent the night in Orem with our dear friends, Kyle & Angie Farley and their children Gabe, Sammie, and Christian. It was so much fun. Seriously, how did we get so blessed in the friends department???!!!!
We started the afternoon with a delicious lunch of sandwiches and pasta salad and watermelon in 7-up. The kids played in the water in the backyard while Angie & I visited with each other and Kyle & Stanton visited Kyle's dental office. After the guys got home, we got the kids dressed again and headed to Farr's Fresh for ice cream. Oooohhhh!!!! They had the exact same Dole Whip ice cream you get at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii. It was amazing and so unexpected to find such a treat on the mainland. I enjoyed every spoonful and was seriously tempted to get more. I'm hoping for a Farr's Fresh here in Cache Valley one of these days.
After ice cream, we drove over then walked to Bridal Veil Falls. It has been a really wet year in Utah and the falls were gorgeous! Everybody got their toes wet and Brigham dropped his hat in. Stanton had to climb over a railing on the other side of the walkway to get it, but he got it! Brigham was really relieved, but still put out because now his hat was soaking wet! Once he realized it would keep his head cooler that way, though, he was a happy guy again.
After the Falls, we went back to Kyle and Angie's home, hung out and got dinner ready for the kids. Then we got all dressed up and went out to dinner at Gloria's Little Italy. YUM! That is a great restaurant. And the gelato for dessert? Heaven. In fact, having ice cream two different times in one day is surely what heaven is all about, right? I think so.
After dinner, we ran over to the Marriott where the LDS Academy of Dentists was having their convention. Neither Stanton nor Kyle has become a member of this particular academy because, well, pretty much every dentist in Utah is LDS, so there's not really a need for the official association...BUT, we were so happy that the convention brought several of our dental friends who are outside of Utah to one location. We visited for a good hour with Drew & Wendy Kelson (Drew was Stanton's roommate in dental school) and Tim & Caroline Owens (Tim & Caroline were some of our first and dearest friends from Buffalo - they were in school while Stanton was in his residency). I know Kyle, Angie, and Stanton visited with some other friends, but I don't know who they were. Anyway, that was a fun stop over and a treat to see some old friends.
We got home, found the babysitters (mostly) unscathed, and got the kids all to bed. After a great night's sleep, we got up, had a delicious breakfast of French Toast and strawberries and then headed home. What a great trip. We love you, Farleys! Let's do this again soon.


3 comments:
I haven't been to Bridal Falls in forever, but wow I don't remember it being that gorgeous! You went at the perfect time!
Sounds perfect all the way around!
We loved having you! It was so fun. I love the pic of the kids saying goodbye through the camper window...it's like saying goodbye at the train station! ;)
Post a Comment