Oh, how I have loved this summer. I have loved it with all my heart. We opted to keep the kids out of all lessons except swim for 2 weeks and piano for the girls. They each participated in a few small (2-3 day, couple of hours each day) camps, but for the most part, we were free. It was so fun. I tried to keep the kids on a schedule - we had chores to do each day, etc, and when were done, we played. Many days, the playing happened right at home -- the kids really got along well all summer (no, not rainbows and unicorns getting along, there was the normal bickering and tattle-telling, etc., but they actually enjoyed playing with each other for the most part...) and imagined and played together. We also did our fair share of playing outside the house. The park, the zoo, the splash pad, snow cones, slushies, ice cream, slurpees, bike rides, movies, birthday parties, weddings, parades, family reunions, road trips, vacations, etc. We really had a great summer. I'm excited for school to start -- I love the change of routine and the newness of each school year -- but this summer has been a wonderful one.
At Willow Park.
Easy livin' in the backyard.
Nate (my cousin) & Shelby's wedding. I wish I had remembered my good camera -- I love these two so much! Of course, I also forgot my temple recommend, so you can guess how with it I was that morning!
Tennis camp with Kiki! Brigham was so excited because he actually got to go to tennis camp this year! And Cannon was, well, ticked that he didn't. BUT, he did get to wear one of the girls' shirts from last year, so that helped. :)
Playing, fully clothed, in the sprinklers.
More Willow Park.
Dirty faces, bug catching, (very little) hair-doing, dressing up as Jaunito Bandito, and building huts...
Grandpa David's birthday party -- aren't those grandkids lucky that he chose Spiderman and Princess cupcakes for his cake?!
More magic at Willow Park.
The last blanket fort of the summer. :(
I caught a glimpse of Chloe filling up Charlie's water bowl. She was quite the problem-solver!
Summer is never without its moments of aggravation, times of yelling, and wishes that the kids would all go back to school, but hey, the school year is never without it moments of aggravation, times of yelling, and wishing we could just be done with school! I'm just thankful for these wonderful years with my children...they are an incredible blessing and I love them.
Here's to a school year as great as this summer has been!








8 comments:
I really love the sprinkler picture with Lily and Chloe's back to the camera and Lily's hand on Chloe. Precious.
I think it shows how much I love ya that I can sincerely say I'm really happy for you and your great summer. Yes, I'm jealous, and slightly sad my summer was such a bummer, but I realized that I've had awesome summers before, and we'll have 'em again. And you are such an amazing mother and your kids are so dang cute and darling and you deserve to have a wonderful summer! Here's hoping your Fall is just as awesome. :)
I think that this has been our best. summer. ever. too. I love it! We have two weeks left to keep enjoying.
I have loved all your posts! You will be so glad to have documented it all. :)
Such a sweet post. I loved all the pictures. I had to stare at the picture of Chloe's star-hair for a while to figure out how you did it. So cool!
Juj, your summer looks and sounds awesome! I love that you were able to free your schedule so you could just enjoy these 4 awesome kids! You are a great mom and I continue to awe over all that you accomplish! Love, love, love, all of the pictures but my favorite happens to be Lily and Chloe walking down the street! SWEET!! Love ya tons!
What an awesome summer! Love all the pictures :) Love and miss you!
Sara
Oh, what great memories!! This summer has been fun with the ages of our kids. They're a blast! I'm excited for what fall will bring, too!
I LOVE the very first picture! You capture some wonderful moments with that great camera!
Post a Comment