13 August 2009

Chloe the Great

Chloe has been really interested in learning magic tricks lately. After several days of putting her off, I finally asked Stanton to teach her a few. She has worked really hard on them and, I must say, is pretty darned good at them. She worked them into a little show and finally had an audience before Cannon's birthday party.



Chloe can: magically tie a knot in the end of a piece of rope, pick your card out of a deck, make a card disappear, and pull a rabbit out of her hat.

Here is a long video of her show. It took her a while to find my dad's card, but she didn't get flustered at all. I was really impressed with her stage presence through the whole act -- she had cute ways of introducing each trick and really kept it entertaining.



It's been fun to watch her develop her own interests and talents. I've not been very supportive of her expressing herself in ways that, bluntly, I didn't come up with on my own. I'm trying to stop that now so that she can be free to be who she wants to be and hopefully let go of some of the inhibitions I feel like I have caused her. This magic show was a good first step and really opened my eyes to the many gifts she has bubbling under her shy surface.

Oh, and I'm using a new font because I need a change and it just wouldn't be right to ask Janna to change my layout after all the incredible work she's done.

No comments: