Or should I say
with the ear?
The kids have been drawing a lot lately, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I find it much more rewarding than the scribbles in the coloring books I've grown so accustomed to over the years.
Here's Chloe's latest and my current favorite:

It bears a striking resemblance, wouldn't you say?

She did get the tie color right, though...without even looking at this picture as a reference.
Lily drew this picture of herself and me together:

I am glad she remembered the eyelashes. It's very important in distinguishing the difference between girls and boys, you know. I wish I'd known that in the fifth grade when I was getting mistaken for a boy more often than I'd like to remember. It sure built character, though.
Where was I? Oh, Lily. Great drawing, I think.
And the gift that sparked all these new creative juices?

The Aqua Doodle wall mat. It stays up all the time and is used multiple times per day, sans messes. Thanks,
Aunt Cindy (and cousins!).
8 comments:
I'm impressed, I don't think I could've drawn a picture of President Monson like that....remember, my horse looks like a rhinocerous. Loved the purse post, I currently use my hospital diaper bag for my purse. SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, if you are giving away old purses, I would love a new purse to go with my "new" shoes. HE HE HE HE HE!! Thanks again, I luv um. Hey, I love that you were posting at 11:00 p.m., I actually was too but just haven't actually posted that post yet. Did that make sense??
Hey Janna said she'd fix your blog design, I just need to give you her e:mail address but I don't want to type it here. So, what is your e:mail address???? Sorry, I forgot to add it to my address box.
I am loving children's art more and more. So darling!! I love the version of President Monson.
That is a great likeness of our prophet...kid's art is the best. And I'm totally craving an Aqua Doodle now! My little artists would love it. :)
Love the President Monson! We are still in the scribbles phase. I'm ready for some pictures that are actually something!
We love Aqua Doodle, too!! Color with water - no paint, no markers to wipe up, no hands to clean. Why didn't we think of that? We could be millionaires from a color with water pen. Geez...it's always the simple things that make a person $$
Okay, I just finished your latest posts (sorry, I only visit once in awhile!) and I am rolling on the floor! Reading your blog is almost as fun as visiting your home. Re: your purse, I remember when we tried to convince you to carry A purse! You were a most interesting young woman. I'll never forget you stuffing things you might need in your jeans pockets. All I could do was shake my head! Which, by the way, is what I'm doing right now! :) I love you. Keep the great stuff coming.
Love, Dad
Those pictures are awesome. Your girls are so talented. I try to get Emery to draw and he says, "I can't" or "help me mama" We're working on it. Maybe an aquadoodle would help me.....hmmmm!
I also love the purse post, thanks for sharing that, I love it!!!
Post a Comment