28 January 2009

Facebook Tag

I just did this tag on Facebook and wanted to post it here -- you know...because I'm just sure the kids will want to read it one day...ahem....

1. I usually have to be tagged for a thing like this a million times before I actually get around to doing it. And I'm always nervous to tag other people.
2. I spend way too much time on the computer. But I'll never admit it. I love Google, Facebook, blogging, following other people's blogs, and iTunes the best.
3. I love teaching and speaking in public.
4. I never finished college.
5. My political views have changed more than I ever thought they would.
6. I remember very little of my childhood or even teenage years. The things I do remember are very random and strange -- like singing "It's All Coming Back to Me" by Celine Dion in my bathroom and slamming the door shut when she says "Thought you were history with the slamming of the door"
7. When I drive with my kids, I constantly check the back seats to make sure I didn't forget any of them.
8. I love frozen anything: yogurt, candy, chocolate, vegetables, etc. Love. Them. I also love stale candy -- gummy bears, marshmallows, etc.
9. I am trying to become a recovering know-it-all.
10. I once did the first 14 days of the Atkin's Diet and celebrated its finish by going to Uno Pizzeria.
11. I enjoy crafts, but never stick with one thing for long. And I often buy craft supplies I never use.
12. I am convinced my 3 year old is the funniest 3 year old that ever lived. Also the most frustrating.
13. I am a quick learner and can fake being smart.
14. I love eating out because I don't have to do the dishes.
15. If I had someone who would clean up after meals, I would cook a lot more than I do.
16. I rarely make the same meal twice...unless you count pancakes for dinner. I make that a lot.
17. I had never been to a state that didn't touch Idaho or Utah until I was 20 years old.
18. I can never state that fact without clarifying that I went to California when I was 18 months old, but don't count it because I can't remember it.
19. I love to go on vacation without my kids and only feel guilty about it for about 10 minutes while waiting for the airplane.
20. I really truly look forward to the time when my kids are old enough to go on vacation with us.
20. I love to read to my kids, but find that I can't keep my eyes open for much longer than 2 or 3 books.
21. I can't wait to see what kind of teenagers my kids turn out to be. So much, in fact, that I have to remind myself to enjoy them now while they're still preschoolers. I think I will be a really fun mom of teenagers.
22. I can make my kids laugh really hard.
23. I don't get embarrassed very easily.
24. I. hate. to. scrapbook. But I love making handmade cards.
25. I wish I did more for/with other people instead of holing up in my own little world. But I am a total and complete homebody at heart and I find it very difficult to break out of that zone.

6 comments:

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

That was so fun to read - and I TOTALLY remember driving down the freeway in your BIG. HUGE. CAR. and slamming the door to that song. Oh - high school - those were the days!

Anonymous said...

I love love love going out to eat--mainly because one of my biggest hates in life is doing the dishes. Very fun post! I should probably transfer my facebook post to my blog as well for posterity. :)

Tricia and Jon said...

I have to agree, I hate to scrapbook too. But I really want to learn how to make cards. We really need to do our craft day! My schedule is getting much more laid back, we should plan it soon.

I don't get embarrassed easily either. I find that I can laugh at myself under most circumstances.

I love speaking in public and teaching too. That is one of the things that I really miss. I loved teaching gospel doctrine!

Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Kim said...

Your so fun! I can feel your bubbly personality soaking through your words! I agree you will be one of the funnest mom's when your kids are teenagers!

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read. And I learned some new things even! I am totally with you on #25! I think I currently have more friends that I "see" on the computer than in real life. So sad. Except for that one of those friends is you!

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

Wow. I have to agree with a lot of that. Except I just got into digital scrapbooking and I'm hooked. It sounds like something Janna probably knows about.