02 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I've never been a real "New Year's Resolutions" kinda gal. I mean, I make a few goals or whatever, but it's not a huge tradition for me. Last year my goal was to send birthday cards to my siblings and their kids. I made it to about July. Sorry to everyone whose birthday falls after that. I hope I'll do better this year on that one.
The problem for me with goals is accountability. Blogs are sort of nice that way, aren't they? It's here for posterity. And when so many people I know and respect are aware of my goals, it's much more motivating to keep at them, right?
Right then, here they are for 2009. Or for now. Or whatever.

1. Complete a Sprint Triathlon.
2. Send birthday cards to my siblings, nieces and nephews, parents, and grandparents.
3. Live more "in the moment" with my kids.

Pretty lofty, eh. I've already bombed #2, as I forgot my nephew Gavin's birthday which happens to be New Year's Day. Maybe he'll get a late one.

2 comments:

Tricia and Jon said...

I'm not really a resolution maker either. I always end up forgetting what I resolved to do by March! I think that as long as you are always trying to improve on little things in your life, resolutions can just reinforce what you're already doing

Lori Wilson said...

Really great goals, Juge -- and I like that you didn't try to do too many. They're all perfectly attainable and, knowing you, you'll do them all with style and panache! Love ya -