We got to the high school about 15 minutes before halftime and after looking for a parking space for several minutes, we decided I'd just take the kids in while Stanton parked. Brigham was asleep when I opened the door so the girls and I went in the stadium without the boys.
The girls loved the cheerleaders and screaming when a touchdown was scored, but I'm sure glad we didn't get there any earlier. Lily had a hard time keeping it together. I forgot how fun a good football game really is. Skyview has a pretty good team this year and it was a lot of fun to watch them (2 of the players are from our neighborhood). The band came out and did their great Jekyll & Hyde show. The band was excellent and it was fun for the girls to see the boys in their full uniforms (they were not pleased that their hats were low on their faces, though). It was a great performance and Trudy took us home after halftime. Brig was already in bed and the girls were really good to go right down when we got home.
Bedtimes be darned, indeed. It was a very fun night and even though the girls were more tired today (and it was quite obvious they were), it was so worth it for a great memory. Jared turned 18 this week, so I'm realizing that the girls' time with this great kid is starting to run short. We'll take as much as we can get. And thankfully, Joe & Nate are still around for a few years. We really are lucky to know this neat family.
I took some pics on my phone, not the greatest quality, but they'll do.
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I'm excited to see the pictures. :)
That sounds like so much fun. Sometimes it's necessary to skip the bed time routine and do something out of the ordinary.
Glad you had a great time!
How fun! Doesn't it feel so "daring" to take the kids somewhere past bedtime! It like we're being a rebel or doing some we have to sneak around to do! I'm glad the girls liked it, too bad the boys couldn't join in the fun.
Oh my gosh, it's good to see TRUDY! Say Hi to Trudy for me, ok? Scott misses Nate so much!!
Post a Comment