07 October 2008

Kids Lately

I've been collecting little tid bits of the kids over the past week....


Chloe sings the end of every sentence lately.
She also clicks and does thumbs up and winks a lot. At the same time.
Her friend Kennedy is over this afternoon. They're having a ball and I've hardly seen a speck of them. After a little talk about yelling and crying, Lily has gotten to play with them, too. What fun for little girls.


As of this week, Lily is no longer a thumb sucker!!! We made a chart, got some Thum, and she was completely broken of the habit in two days. I don't even catch her trying anymore and we haven't put the Thum on for two days now. She's 5 days thumb free.

Tonight Stanton was out on the front porch. Lily walked out and joined him.
Lily: Whatcha doin', Dad?
Stanton: Oh, nothin'.
Lily: Are you just looking at the world?
Stanton: Yup.
Lily: Oh.


Brigham is trying desperately to communicate his thoughts. His latest phrases are "Mom, dink moke" (Mom, I want a drink of milk). "Mom, dink oice waer" (Mom, I want a drink of ice water).
Tonight I caught him climbing on a chair to touch the computer. He looked at me and said, "Mom, say 'no no' pees." The flesh is weak, but the spirit is willing.

This is another evidence of his organizing skills. He lined up his Kix on the back of his spoon and is counting them, "One, two, fie, seex...."

Cannon is smiling at the sky but not me. He's saying "Goo" a lot lately. And boy is he cute.
I am having a hard time capturing an accurate photo of him. Hopefully Emily will be able to get some this weekend when he's blessed.
Ooooh, look at those rolls. They are just edible. He's definitely becoming my chunkiest baby -- I love it!

Two words I'm hoping my children never pronounce correctly:
Perftec
Panpake

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so sweet and incredibly adorable.

It is a sad, sad day when they stop mispronouncing words. One of the ones I miss the most is "graby", as in "mash betatoes and graby". Sigh.

Angie said...

I just love your kids!! I haven't seen Cannon a whole lot lately, but who can't fall in love with those rolls, even through pictures!! So sweet!

We have to get together soon before we're all confined to playing inside!

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

My Mother-in-law was so sad when she wasn't "Framma" anymore. I love it. Grace says "gross" so cute (I don't even know how I would spell it), so Nate and I try to get her to say it as much as possible.
Your kids are totally cute. Love the hair.

Greg and Wendy said...

What perfectly adorable things to blog so you and your kids will never forget them! Reminds me of a little girl named Julie who in family prayer said "and bless my haut" (heart) after asking a blessing on each of the rest of us. SOOOOOO cute!

Janelle said...

I like the picture of Brigham and the cereal.

Never A True Aggie said...

Play dates are the way to go! I can get at least an hour or two of "me" time when there are kids here playing. Of course, they may be eating a whole box of cereal out in the backyard or cutting up little pieces of paper all over my basement floor...but for the peace it is a small trade off.

Cute pictures too.

Erica said...

Hey Julie, I don't know if you remember me. We were in the Cobblestone ward together, and your husband is our dentist. It's nice that we keep in touch with your hubby, but I haven't seen you since we moved. I came across your blog and wanted to tell you your family is beautiful. Chloe was in nursery and Lily was a baby last I saw you, I can't believe how big they are. It's nice to "see" you again, keep in touch.

Erica Low

Tricia and Jon said...

Julie - I love seeing these updates of your kids! They are too cute!

Unknown said...

Love the chubby baby! And your kids are so beautiful! I love the looking at the world thing! That is my favorite past time. Thanks for sharing.

Alysia Cook said...

The girls' hair looks very cute and I can just picture Chloe clicking and giving thumbs up because she's just like her mother (sing-song that last part). I love posts about the cute quirky things that kids do. Kaylee used to say "panpake" too, oh, I miss that.

flip flop mama said...

You have beautiful kids!