Time is slipping through my fingers! The older three kids start school day after tomorrow. Chloe will be in 3rd grade, Lily in 2nd, and Brigham in 1st. Cannon will start preschool in September. Three in school all day. Craziness.
My friend, Sara, had a back to school dinner for her kids and I loved the idea so much, I decided to copy it. I ran to Walmart after Henry's Dr. appointment today and spent a million dollars on unnecessary school supplies (why are they so tempting????) and threw together a pretty fun dinner to celebrate this new school year. "I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils."
(I also have to record that Chloe got about 3-4 inches trimmed off her hair today, too. We had to get rid of the green from swimming this summer. She was a really good sport about it - she loves her long hair and was really nervous to lose so much of it. It looks SOOOO much better, though. Lily got a trim, too. They love going to Cookie Cutters because the girls do pretty braids and twists in their hair. I wish I could French Braid Chloe's hair that well!)
The kids loved having a special dinner and enjoyed talking about what they were nervous and excited about for the new school year.
Stanton gave each child a blessing after dinner. I love that tradition.
Do you ever just look at your life for a second and realize how perfect it is? I have yelled and sworn at the kids way too much the last 2 days - my patience has been far too thin, but I look at these pictures and just can't believe how blessed I am. 5 amazing children. A hard working, kind husband. Access to the best education in the world....for free. A home with the Spirit of God dwelling in it. Love. Freedom. Life is so good and so rich.
Here's to a great 2012-13 school year!



4 comments:
yours is way cuter!! did you use folders as place mats? brilliant! i love the pencil name tag things you used, too. i'm with you - the school supply stuff is WAY tempting! Even *I* wanted some new pencils and notebooks just for my purse or something.
i love that your kids are in 123 grades this year - that's awesome they are so close, and cannon not far behind!
The party is such a darling idea! I'm sure the kids felt so special. And the blessings were a must as you kids were growing up.Glad that tradition continues. I'm sure it was a must in Stanton's home as well.
you are the coolest mom ever. Might I remind you that you have a newborn? :)
xo
e
Love this party! What a great idea! And loved your thoughts as well. I have read through lots of posts, but I am not posting on all of them. (Because I'm lazy like that!) I'm so happy for you that Henry arrived safe and sound. He is super cute and it looks like the kids are all loving him!
Post a Comment