02 November 2011

Red Ribbon 5K

Back in early October the girls accomplished a HARD THING.  I am so proud of them.

We signed up for the Bear River Health Department's Red Ribbon 5K and WE DID IT... 7 year old Chloe and 6 year old Lily both ran a 5K!!

It was long, it was tiring, it was a challenge, they whined, it was HARD...but they learned that
WE CAN DO HARD THINGS.  

I couldn't be more pleased with the job they did.

 This was right before we headed over for the run -- Chloe has her green smoothie in hand (so does Cannon) to give her that extra boost of energy for the long run ahead.


Stanton and the boys met us at different points along the way, which gave the girls the boost they needed to keep going.  They were so proud of themselves at the end, especially when they realized that most of their friends had done the 1 mile walk -- they were pretty amazed that they had done 3.2 miles (running and plenty of walking).  Our time was about 45 minutes, which was pretty awesome, I thought.  What a cool day.

7 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

So awesome!!! Go girls.

Unknown said...

Way to go, girls! That's really amazing. Good work!

Sara Rose said...

I am totally impressed! Way to go Lily and Chloe!

Amanda D said...

I'm so impressed with you all! Nice job!

Greg and Wendy said...

Fantastic job, Mom and girls!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow...just wow.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you all shouldn't look that cute in the morning in exercise clothes--but you do!

What a fun day! That is a great accomplishment!