Yeah! I get to blog about Halloween -- one of my favorite holidays of the year.
The kids were all so different this year and that made it a lot of fun.
Annakin Skywalker, a Wizard Kid (NOT a Harry Potter wizard kid, she'll have you know), a 50s girl, and Spiderman.
There is seriously not one thing cuter than children dressed up for Halloween. Not one thing. I love it. And in addition to that one decent picture, here are the outtakes --
Camera out of focus....uncooperative kids....etc. etc. etc....
Oh my heck, those kids are so cute I want to die. I love them to the very depth of my soul.
Cannon was slinging some serious webs.
Brigham was Annakin as a Padowan -- before he turned to the dark side. I think his hair and braid turned out so cool!
Lily was so excited to get to wear makeup to school. And I love her decade-identifying hands there.
Awesome Chloe whose genuine smiles light up a room. Love those bright eyes and dimples.
Stanton and I won't ever be left out of the fun! Stanton took a second to pose with the kids in his awesome chicken suit before leaving for work. And I, like, totally got this radical picture with my bodacious boys before we took Brigham to the doctor and found out he had a totally bummer double ear infection. It was, like, totally sad, but he's on an antibiotic now and feels like he can hear again. And he totally didn't let it stop him from having a wicked awesome Halloween. Thatta boy, Brig!
I'm pretty sure I say this every Halloween, but Stanton has the best. job. ever. I mean, who else gets to dress like a chicken and see cute little princesses like this one for their JOB?! He loves it.
The kids were greeted after school with a snack of witch's fingers, apple jaws, black cats, and ghost milk.
After snack and some down time, we headed over to the care center to visit the grandmas. It was fun to brighten their day and the days of the other residents. The kids sure do a lot of good there.
After visiting the grandmas, we came home and had a Halloween dinner. Dave & Judy and Jimmy, Rachel, Shelby, & Mary joined us for a feast of mummy dogs, salty bones, skeleton veggies, ghostly pizza, and jackentines. Rachel brought a delicious rice, chicken, & green bean soup and we had Frankenjuice with Oreos. It was a really fun dinner, inspired by Pinterest & Family Fun Magazine. This is the first time I've ever done anything "festive" with food for Halloween. I have to say, it was worth the work. It was so fun to have all the different foods out and enjoy the party together.
After dinner, we headed out trick-or-treating. The boys ended fairly early and the girls were done by 7:45. Not a bad night out! The kids quickly sorted through their candy, picked their five favorites, and happily handed the rest over to me (safely stored away for gingerbread houses at Christmas-time, thank you sister Cindy!) in exchange for a watch (for Chloe & Lily) and a headlamp (Brigham & Cannon). I haven't heard a word of complaint since. They all got their jammies on and went straight to bed. Oh, and they totally went to school dirty the next day -- no showers after all that. What kind of a mother am I???!!! Please don't answer that.
What a great Halloween!!! And now, on to the wonderful Holiday season!!
Not before one last treat, though:
Or was that a TRICK???
Happy Halloween from our family to yours!












5 comments:
Wait wait wait...who was that in the last picture????
Cute Halloween costumes! Loved each one of the kids! And you know what came to mind when I saw you in your side ponytail...Napolean Dynamite! What was that girls name? The one with the puffy sleeves?
Cute and fun Halloween! Love you guys!
Great pictures! I love the costumes. So cute.
I think we'll plan on coming to your house for Halloween next year. It looks like so much fun!
Speechless...it's all too awesome! :)
My comments keep getting deleted! Ugh! Loooove the costumes! And you really do look like Deb from Napoleon haha!
Ok, Stanton's mask = crazy! That is amazing.
The kids are beyond adorable. Love Cannon's spidey pinkie finger! He could not be cuter!! {And glad he's feeling better.} The kids' costumes are sooo great--and Lily with makeup on! Watch out!! Total babe.
I love love love all the party food! So creative. I'll have to try that one year. That is so fun.
When I can find a banana clip somewhere out in the universe, I'm going to do 80s one Halloween, too! You look so great! Brings back memories. :)
Post a Comment