I know it's only 6:38 in the morning, but my heart is already full.
Last night I ate really good chocolate and really cheap licorice together. It made me sick. It was a turning point for me. I haven't been exercising at all lately -- like for the last couple of months. I thought I could just sort of watch what I ate and be okay and fit exercise in again at some point. I always missed it, but just couldn't find a place for it. Well, not exercising (for me) becomes like the "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" books. One thing leads to another and pretty soon you've eaten an entire large bar of dark chocolate, 10 pieces of licorice, and way too many cookies throughout the day.
I went to bed last night and prayed for help to wake up with a desire to exercise -- I was certainly going to bed with one. I've got to get back on track.
The boys bounced into the room at 5:30 this morning (a regular occurrence since Daylight Savings ended) and I knew it was "the" morning. I got up, got in my workout clothes, and put on Yoga Meltdown -- an awesome workout for easing back into things -- it's still very challenging, but it's Yoga, so it feels easier. I did it and afterward I felt SO good.
I walked to the kitchen and made our smoothie for the morning and realized how blessed we are to have such a beautiful, warm home with conveniences like a refrigerator, a dishwasher, and a blender big and strong enough to give my entire family their fruits and vegetables for the day in one jar. And I realized how grateful I am that my children understand why we drink them and do it without much complaint....in fact, they usually ask for them.
I thought about the shower I was looking forward to - and how thankful I am for access to clean, warm water.
And then Chloe came upstairs. Dressed. With her bed made. And her pajamas put away. And a smile of satisfaction on her face.
I am thankful.
6 comments:
I am thankful that you are so upbeat and inspiring.
Awesome list, JUJ!! You are always so good at noticing even the little things like a warm shower. I loved our visit yesterday, it left me with lots of good things to think about! Thanks for your continued good example!
Such an inspiring post, honey! I love you!
Julie, you are simply wonderful! I love to look at life through your eyes! It reminds me to be more grateful! I too need to find the desire to get back to working out. My poor body needs it. Good for you!
What a wonderful way to start the day... breakfast, happy kids, and not having to "tell" Chloe to do her things. Sounds peaceful...
And I would LOVE your smoothie recipe if your kids actually ask for them in the morning. Could you send it to me via email? I'm always looking for new things to serve up that are good for them, but also taste good!
I love when my kids do what they need to do without being asked, and I love the satisfaction that gives them to feel responsible and mature. Definitely a great mom feeling.
I reeeeally need to get back on the exercise train. I always have an excuse, but I just need to do it and find time in my schedule.
Post a Comment