20 November 2010

Thankful For...

*A snowy day!!!  I LOVE snow this time of year and we got a nice light layer this afternoon, complete with big, fat flakes perfect for catching on your tongue.  It was magical.  We sang Christmas songs while driving in the van.

*This totally rad phase of life we're in right now.  It is amazing.

*A Saturday spent doing some family/spiritual housekeeping.  It was necessary and so great.

*Communication.  It seems like 8 years is the magic number for Stanton and I -- we are starting to fire on the same synapses.  It's a welcome improvement for both of us. 

*Cache Valley.  This valley we live in is so homey, happy, and lovely.  I love it.  I'm really glad Stanton didn't listen to my argument that we should live somewhere neutral (where neither of our parents live).  We very much have our own life here and I don't know if there's another place on this earth that has the same feel as this little valley.  It's perfect for our family.

*A happy disposition and general good will.  I'm thankful that I'm pretty easily pleased with life -- it makes the little things mean a lot.

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

I love your posts. still digesting about fairy godmother.... I was telling Kurt the other day that Heavenly Father comes on the 4th watch. It's true. You are a great lady! xoxo
E

Greg and Wendy said...

You sound joyfully happy, honey! So guess how that makes us feel? We're also glad you're planted right where you are...it is where you are supposed to be.