Some of these are really old, but whoa, it's been a long time since I've done one of these.
Brigham while swinging outside (see, from a long time ago): Mom, rainclouds are pillows in the sky that make rain.
Cannon when you point to his nose and ask what it is: Boogers!
He doesn't say this anymore. Whaaaaaaa...
Brigham after passing gas while pooping on the toilet: Mom, you've got to come in here!!!
I go in...
Brigham: Is that what "Spidey Sense" is?
Me big mistake: Yeah, I think it is.
Brigham: Mom, does Spidey Sense come from your bum?
Me laughing: I don't know
Brigham: Mom, someday, we're going to have to take a Heaven elevator all the way up into the sky and Jesus if he knows if that's where Spidey Sense comes from is our bum.
The inner workings of the 4 year old male mind.......
Girl cutting Brigham's hair: Do you love your little brother?
Brigham: He's my favorite brother who poops in his pants.
Lily after having a conversation about Santa: So, why does Santa still bring me presents even though I'm naughty a lot of the time?
Me, talking to Chloe who was laying in bed after gymnastics and was hungry -- I was trying to convince her to wait until morning to eat (I know, I know, I should have fed her. I usually do, I swear): We'll feed you in the morning. I'll feed you a really good breakfast.
Chloe: Can it be pancakes?
Me: We'll see.
Chloe: Well, if it can't be pancakes, at least it has to be something with bacon.
Girl. After. My. Own. Heart.
Brigham: We didn't have vitamins at breakfast.
Me: Yes you did. Remember, Cannon took them downstairs to you.
Brigham: Oh, yeah. Well, that was just a daydream.
Brigham bit Chloe on the cheek really hard. He had a long time out and lost several toys. Later, he asked Stanton if he could have some of them back.
Stanton: No, you won't be able to have them back until tomorrow because you bit Chloe on the cheek.
Brigham really sad: Actually Dad, that was just a joke.
Me driving Cannon to the middle school for a little preschool lab: Cannon, you get to go to Madie's preschool again today, are you excited?!
Cannon while doing a rock and roll fist pump: Yes! Oh, yeah! Oh, Yeah! Ooh, Ooh, Oh Yeah. Yes! Yes! Oh, yeah!
Brigham: Mom, you know what? Relaxing is tiring.
Me giving clues while playing "Superhero What Am I?": I have blades that come out of my knuckles. I'm blue and gold. And I have a name that kind of sounds like Wolf. Who am I?
The kids all started guessing. His name was on the tip of their tongue, but they just couldn't get it out.
Chloe: Ooooh, Oooh, I know! I know! ...........Walter!!
It's Wolverine, in case you're not up on your Marvel trivia....
Reading the scriptures to the kids (talking about King Limhi's people escaping from the Lamanites) It made a connection all of sudden with Brigham.
Brigham: Wait a minute, Mom! The Lamanites are in our nighttime scriptures, too! They're in our nighttime scriptures and our morning scriptures!
Stanton reads the actual Book of Mormon to the kids at bedtime and I read the primer book to them in the morning.
Brigham was listening to a storybook CD of Cars wherein Mater says, "Good Mornin' Sleepin' Beauty!" -- He made another connection where he got the joke because he recognized Mater was saying Sleeping Beauty to Lightning McQueen. It was cute to see his brain firing and making those connections between stories, genders, and characters.
Cannon was going through a naughty stinker stage. Hitting me, pinching me, yelling at me, emptying cupboards, dumping things out, etc. It was my first 2 year old to go through such a stage and apparently I wanted to remember it because I recorded it on my voice memo thing where I record conversations. Thankfully, he is NOT in that stage anymore.
Brigham: Is my scrotum my penis's tummy?
Brigham to Stanton after fishing: Dad, will you cut out that fish's eyes? They're really creepin' me out.
Me to Brigham, who was singing a song from Beauty and the Beast: Oh, that just sounds beautiful, Brigham!
Brigham: No, I don't sound beautiful; I sound fableeous!
Brigham during the entire Halloween season -- referring to Frankenstein: Frank Frankenstein.
He was quite literally convinced that Frankenstein's name was, in fact, Frank Frankenstein. Some Jewish fellow from Florida, apparently....
Cannon first thing in the morning after wearing his Buzz Lightyear costume at the ward party the night previous. He got right in my face and his sweetest voice (like he KNEW it was going to get him what he wanted) said: Mom, hava da Buzza Wecue costyume?
Of course he got exactly what he wanted. He wore it all day, napped in it with his inflatable wings right next to him, and kept it on till bedtime. We got our $25 out of it.
Now for some more recent conversations:
Brigham: Did you know that bugs are people?
Me: What?
Brigham: Did you know that bugs are little tiny animals that are human? I know that grown up bugs are not humans but baby bugs are humans but when they're growned up they're not humans.
Brigham: Is momma human?
Lily: Yes, because she has eyes and a nose and a headband.
Accessories -- they're what separate us from the monkeys......
Brigham after we got home from our cruise...nonchalantly: Hey Mom?
Me: Yes?
Brigham: I want you to be everywhere I go.
Brigham: Mom, will you turn on Superman Batman movie for me while I color?
Me: No, Bud, remember we're not going to watch that movie anymore?
Brigham: But mom, I need it to see what he looks like.
Me: No, you're awesome, you can do it.
Brigham: No, I'm, well, not THAT awesome.
Brigham as I'm coming in to wipe his bottom: Here comes my beautiful mom!
I giggle.
Brigham: No, Mom, you're really beautiful!
Me: Thank you! That makes me feel so happy.
Brigham: Yep, you're beautiful...except for when you're not ready and then you're not really so beautiful.
Gee, you don't sweat much for a fat girl....
Cannon is talking like CRAZY lately. He pretty much says everything and speaks in full sentences. He's extremely understandable and is so aware of everything around him. He can communicate pretty much anything he wants. I need to start remembering some of his cute phrases and words.
Brigham's joke: Knock Knock. Who's there? Pizza. Pizza who? Why did the pizza cross the road? Why? To get to Pizza Hut!
Cannon's joke: Why did a pizza da wode? Why? To getta to wowrk.
Chloe's joke: What's a pirate's favorite letter? In a pirate voice: R!
I just realized there are very few Lily convos here. It seems like she's moving out of that off the wall hilarious phase and Brigham's moving right into it.
5 comments:
These are great!
I love the Frank Frankenstein. My kids call Papa Johns Pizza "Papa John Jones Pizza" because of Skippyjon. I love it!
HAHAHAHA! Your kids seriously make me laugh my pants off and I'm going to be repeating and quoting the following for weeks "Is my scrotum my penis' tummy?" That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!
Kyle and I were laughing hysterically at these! Love it! That Brigham is a riot!
Let's just hope it is a temporary hiatus for Lily! Love that girl, but Brig has definitely stepped up to the plate, hasn't he? Funny, funny!
Post a Comment