01 April 2009

Off We Go

First of all, we had the best 2 days ever when Cindy and her kids came to visit Monday and Tuesday. I think I could totally dig polygamy if there were no connubial relations involved and I could live with my sisters. We have 10 kids between the two of us and somehow there really wasn't a lot of chaos! We had a total blast. I loved every second of it. I've got to get my pics off the camera, but I'm just feeling a little uh, lazy? I'll update with the pics later.

Meanwhile......

We head to PCMC tomorrow for Brigham's appointment. He's having a cardiac catheter, MRI, and sedated echo. This is a big appointment for him, so we're really praying for good results (good = his leg not turning blue {it's happened to him} & definitive results on the anatomical LV mass).

Today I was talking to Brig about the appointment -- you know, sort of gearing him up and letting him know what to expect. Well, yikes -- he totally remembered his last appointment. That's never happened before. He told me all about laying on the table and watching "Madagacsar 2" (it was actually 1, but he thinks they're all called Madagascar 2), all about the owie they put on his finger (the pulse-oximeter), and the stickers they put on his chest (EKG leads). It was all very innocent and sweet, but wow was I not prepared one bit for it. I'm not sure why it's so significant to me, but I guess it's just that my baby is going to remember this period of his life --- even if it's not forever, he remembers it now and it's leaving an impact. Maybe this is the first moment where I see that he's going to have to shoulder some of this burden and frankly, I really don't want him to.

I'll update more tomorrow.

10 comments:

janna said...

Primary's is a wonderful place and I am sure he will be given lots of treats & will be able to play in the toy room. (we have spent a lot of time there with our oldest dd)

I'll keep him in my prayers!

& I love your sister too

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh sweetie, we are praying for little Brig (and you and Stanton). It breaks my heart that he is old enough to remember all of this now! Please call me when you know anything. I will be with Dad today in Rexburg, Arco, Challis, and around on appointments. But we will have cell phone service off and on. We love you all!

Angie said...

We will be thinking of you and sending prayers for good results! It's tough when they remember things like that isn't it?? We are going to go through remembrance of PCMC with Trev in July. So let me know how Brig (and you guys) handled things now that our babies are "little boys" and can tell what's going on.
Love you guys!

Cheryl said...

Good luck! You'll all be in my prayers, too. I'm sure it will go well --it has to go well. ;)

P.S. A little "shouldering of the burden" might actually be empowering him --think of it that way... :)

Never A True Aggie said...

Just wanted to let you know... my Mom had polio when she was 2 until about 14 with tons of surgeries, casts and the whole sha-bang. She remembers it, and not always so fondly, but it did help her later on. She became a pediatric nurse and I think she used her experience to help her with her patients.

Also, I wouldn't mind polygamy either if there wasn't "other" things involved. Actually, a nice big neighborhood with all the people that I liked would do just fine.

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed by the things my kids remember from their young ages!

I will be praying for Brigham and your family today. I hope you get the outcomes you are needing!

Susan M said...

A cardiac catheter does not sound pleasant. I hope it all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to sweet Brig and you.

TaLaisa said...

I've been thinking about you all day. I hope things went well. Love you!

Natie said...

I hope all goes well with Brigham. Your family will be in our prayers. Let me know if you ever need anything. I love you.