04 July 2012

Wind Caves

At some point back in June (before Grandma passed away), we took a hike up to the Wind Caves with the Westfalls. 

It was a great hike.  Cannon needed to be carried much of the way, but the other kids were little troopers! 

And what a view!  Totally worth the crazy intense hip pain I had for days after.  Ha!  Yeah, my joints are starting to relax and spread and going downhill on them was not the best idea I've ever had.  But life can't stop just because I'm pregnant, can it?!  No.  And I'm thankful to be physically able to do these great things with my family.  And the Westfalls.  They're awesome.


It was warm....as evidenced by Brigham's sweaty head (and the fact that he wore his cowboy hat didn't help matters!). 
At one point, Lily felt like she wanted to give up.  Brian asked her if she wanted him to carry her.  I said, "No, she doesn't need to be carried, she just needs a rest."  We took a little break and she was able to carry on just fine.  Brian told me a few weeks later that after I was out of earshot, she whispered to him, "I wish you could have carried me."  Hahahaha!  I love that girl.  And I was really proud of her for sticking it out and making the whole hike on her own two feet.

I really enjoy hiking with my little family.  It's a great activity for us!

4 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I've never been there, it looks awesome!

Lindsay said...

This looks like so much fun. We'll have to try that out one of these days!

Amanda D said...

Looks like great, hot fun!

Greg and Wendy said...

That is a great family tradition...and Lily is learning she can do hard things!